• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Favorite Motorcycle Movie

J

javanino

I was looking through my collection of DVDs and counting the motorcycle movies. I'm trying to figure out which ones I might need to add. I usually like good movies but I've learned that I sometimes even like bad movies if there's motorcycles in them. Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man is epically bad but I must confess I like it anyhow. Anyway, here's the ones that I have even though not all are technically bike flicks.

Easy Rider
HD and Marlboro Man
World's Fastest Indian
Faster (documentary)
Mad Max
Great Escape

Motorcycle Diaries and Long Way Round are a tie for me. (I'm 28 so I haven't seen most of the old classics)

TORQUE!!!!!!!!!

torque-home_image.jpg

bikerboys.jpg

NOT!

:rofl: :lol2: :rofl: :lol2: :rofl: :lol2:

I have enjoyed watching Long Way Down though.

Last edited:
This is another one of those I'm almost embarrassed to admit to, but I can't help myself. I like Time Rider. I like most of the other ones y'all have listed too - I just added Time Rider because I didn't see anybody else mention it.

I've learned that I sometimes even like bad movies if there's motorcycles in them.

Roustabout - Elvis wrecks his 305 Dream and rides the Wall of Death.

...even though not all are technically bike flicks.

Roman Holiday - Audry Hepburn isn't the same person after Gregory Peck takes her on a Vespa ride through Rome.
Eastern Promises - A creepy Viggo Mortensen helps Naomi Watts start her vintage Ural.
Quadrophenia - Seminal Mod-Rocker movie.

Tom

I confess to lameness in this area, but I too though Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man was a kick. The part that stuck with me was the first part of the movie with the long haul over the desert heading West.

On Any Sunday is a classic. Faster has the best photography.

Dave.

Streets of Fire. Cheesy 80's movie but one of my favorites.

+1 on Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.

Any 60's-70's era B biker movie.

The Wild One.

Silver Racer
Mad Max 1
Motorcycle Diaries

Uh Silver DREAM Racer, maybe?

Another one that was REALLY good that I left out was "Li'l Faus and Big Halsey", spelling aside. It was about 1970ish about a guy racing AMA flat track, hooks up iwth a mechanic and attitudes clash. I loved that show and didn't think of it, but it was good. Music by Johnny Stash.

I've got most of the ones mentioned. One not mentioned is MonsterMoto One. It is fairly well done and it is about offroad riding. It covers one of the WORCS seasons and the Baja 1000. It is neat in that it intersperses the two as the documentary unfolds. Gives you a contrasting view of the two different kinds of riding for riding longer offroad circuits and long distance offroad racing.

I also found a cool three pack of DVD's by Bruce Brown (On Any Sunday) They are a compilation of old film coverage. Baja 1000, Hare and Hound, and Ascot & Hopetown. Kind of neat to see the old bikes in competition. Quite a contrast watching that old Baja coverage. The announcer (Jim McKay) quite often didn't know who was leading or what problems were. Nowadays the major teams have their own helicopters to keep track of what's happening on the ground.

Uh Silver DREAM Racer, maybe?

Another one that was REALLY good that I left out was "Li'l Faus and Big Halsey", spelling aside. It was about 1970ish about a guy racing AMA flat track, hooks up iwth a mechanic and attitudes clash. I loved that show and didn't think of it, but it was good. Music by Johnny Stash.

Excellent flick (Li'l Faus & Big Halsey). Thanks for reminding me of that one.

Heinz

+3 for Dust to Glory!!:clap:
CIMG1672.jpg

This is another one of those I'm almost embarrassed to admit to, but I can't help myself. I like Time Rider. I like most of the other ones y'all have listed too - I just added Time Rider because I didn't see anybody else mention it.
I remember Time Rider! I'm probably one of the only ones here that actually paid to see it at the movies back in maybe '83.:doh: This guy accidentally gets sent back in time to the old west on a dirt bike! Then he has to figure out how to get home while cowboys and Indians are chasing him all over the place.:lol2:

trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1jEVcY1pM

Old: Hells Belles

New: Stone Cold

Newest: Long Way 'Round

I know this isn't a movie, but anyone watch Sons of Anarchy? It's not the greatest, but I like FX Series and I've been watching it off the DVR when I'm bored.

Back