• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Favorite Things

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
From Mid Sept. Late in the afternoon as I was leaving my parents place while out visiting my rigs near by. My Sister and 14 Month old Nephew pull up, and I snag a couple quick shots.

I would like to know what you all think of this one. Comp, PP, ect... Thanks.

1011891160_nNe8a-L.jpg

Date Taken: 2010-09-17 15:38:04
Camera: NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D90
Exposure Time: 0.0031s (1/320)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 75mm (112mm in 35mm)
Date Modified: 2010-09-17 22:11:35
Photo Dimensions: 1600 x 1063
File Size: 1.46 MB
Flash: flash did not fire
Metering: center weighted average
Exposure Program: aperture priority
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Exposure Mode: auto
Light Source: unknown
White Balance: auto

Excellent capture IMO! :thumb:

I love the fact that they are both staring right at the lens. Then the irony of the kid with a football that's deflated and the dog 'smile' to go with it. I'm not sure who's having more fun. :lol2:

The framing/crop is interesting and I like it. I like the red wagon strip on the bottom that stops on the left, continues on the right. Nice touch.

Fairly shallow DOF was good to blur/bokah the busy background.

Post looks good, but in some little way I'm guessing they are in a shadow or there was a cloud overhead at the time. Would have been nice to see faces lit by sunshine. Maybe just a hair of fill light in post would help????

No technical analysis - the photo is just "catchy" - it grabs your attention and makes you smile. Well done . :thumb:

Looking at the picture specs, I was surprised there was no fill flash on this. Really nice facial lighting. Must have been in complete shade?

Chris, I see you know you my sister :lol2:

Thanks for the comments, the photo was taken in the shade and very little done in post but for adjusting a bit of vibrancy, contrast, brightness in light room.

This is probably my favorite picture to date, and like you Chuck, it just makes me smile. My Nephew, Our Dog, A Football, Wagon, and my Mothers back yard.

very good. all the good points above ^^^.

these are all VERY small nits. it's a great shot.
might try dodging the sunlight spots behind the little guy to mute them a bit. Maybe just me, but is the dog's face seems ever so slightly soft on focus. If you could have got just a slightly higher viewpoint, his face would have been framed by solid green foliage background rather than split by the sunlight/foliage line. Again, very, very small points.

Back