• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

February MeetnGreetnEatn...With a ride on the side

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
Here we go again fellow motorcyclists. Time for another M@G this one is in the pecan capital of the world. Yes that is right San Saba,Texas. Forks up and kickstands down on Sunday the 9TH at 11AM. The place to grub down for February is Pepperbelly's Mexican Food Restaurant in downtown San Saba. This place was recommended to me by TWT members so let us give them some big TWT support and have a big showing. All members and friends welcome,come one come all. MENU BELOW FOR THOSE WHO ARE TEMPTED!!! Chips and dip was really good and fresh tasting. KP

NOTE: I am checking into camping if there is any interest............Nice coffee shop across the street on the same side of the road for those who arrive before Pepperbellys opens.

Pepperbelly's Mexican Food Restaurant............. Looking like highs Sunday above 75!
517 East Wallace
San Saba,Texas

The "in" crowd

SpiritAtBay
slowoldguy
Zephyr
kickstand~prophet
Woodbutcher
ghostrider1964
sm42
WOC 69-7
kojack06
ulybrad
Moody Blues+1
2N2OUT
JB
atxbandit+1
Red Brown
Poxy
JBay
bigdave-gs
Ouroboros
M38A1
Cube210
NT_Slim
Hoss83
WhiskeySmith
Ultrarex09
TWTourist
need2tour
Jeff S
Agman
vfaame
swoody126
Ksc12c

Maybes:
jsb223
Eddie-O
j blankenship
rhodyne+1

DSCF2328-003_zpsd8119507.jpg

pepperbellys3-001_zpsff288cb6.jpg

pepperbellys-002_zpsedd071d1.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I'd love to go but I can't do Sundays. That's God and family day. Saturdays any time.

Looking forward to it. Albeit with the usual weather caveat...

I can easily see heading out Saturday, spending the night at my mom's in Kerrville, lunching in san Saba...won't have to be at work til Mon. afternoon... Yep, I can see that... :)

Last edited:
Pepperbelly's is a favorite of mine. More than Mexican fare . Burgers on homemade jalapeño buns are great.

Not to mention fantastic street and dual sport routes.

I'm in. Drew sent a PM about a February "Beat the heat" lunch and I guess this is the one. Accuweather is forecasting is a high of 54 and cloudy. That's nice and comfortable, a big change from 105 at Llano last June when I learned to appreciate advise from experienced TWT'ers about having a camelbak.

Robert

Sounds good to me. Plus a nice little side trip up to the Regency Suspension Bridge then back home past Colorado Bend SP. Good fun.

OK!!! I looked up the thread. I can see no problem with me being there!!! SO COUNT ME IN. I will probably come on the F800GS Ride up Sunday morning, in time for lunch, then a ride.

Brad

Is there any interest in camping Saturday night? San Saba local government is confused about if there is camping or not at one of the parks. We think we have it figured out but there were no fire rings,so no camp fire. Might be chilly at night and a camp fire is what I think makes these over nights so much fun. We could possibly camp at my place where there is plenty of fire wood and a big rock fire pit. Lots of room for tents and hammocks and a few trailers. It is still a work in progress so no outhouse or showers yet but all that is coming. Plenty of lawn chairs to sit in and tables to put your stuff on. Please let me know if any of you great TWT riders are interested in doing a camp-out??????................... UPDATE;Will know Tuesday about a camp location,our scout is waiting for some additional information for camping closer to Pepperbellys.

No go for me, working that Sunday. Stupid job.

If you are on the fence about coming here is a picture of my chicken fried steak dinner that I had at Pepperbellys.:eat3: I would like to invite all the regulars as well as all our new members for this event. These M@Gs are designed for us to meet one another and shake hands,check out bikes and match faces to site names.:eat2: Bring a friend and lmake new friends. KP

DSCF2325-003_zps5707849e.jpg

If the weather is descent the wife might ride with me or ride her bike out. Sounds good. Thanks.

The SW egg rolls look really "Wonkalicious"!

The lady at the coffee shop next door said that their super nachos and the burgers were very good. We had CFS and chicken tenders when we ate there Thursday. Chips and salsa was good also. My wife liked it so much she got a order to go for later. They have a small salad bar also for those who are vegetarians or counting calories.

Planning on it pending any weather calamity like the great Snowpacalypse of 2014 last week.

Back