• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Film shot - Capitol at night...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Body: Nikon N2020
Lens: Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AFS w/UV filter
Film: Fuji color negative film
ISO: 200
f/8
Shutter: Unk
Post: Straight out of the camera, developed, scanned, posted

i-CX8Mf6f-XL.jpg

Better than postcard quality!
Is the flag at half mast?

Camilo - yes, it is but I have no idea why....

And thx for the kind words guys. This was a fun shot and yes - film is still relevant. What I keep coming back to is this is straight out of the camera. Film - Develop - Negative Scan - Post here

i think it would be interesting if you took the same shot with a film camera and then a digital one...

i think it would be interesting if you took the same shot with a film camera and then a digital one...

Hmmm.... That's an interesting proposition Gina. Would I shoot the same lens on each body, ie: 50mm f/1.8? Same ISO/settings? Or let the camera float on it's own solution?

And then what to do with the other 23 shots? :ponder:

Good capture Scott! Totally digging the deep blacks and overall tonal range of this. Proves why film is still relevant.
I'm more astonished at the very natural color balance. Those sodium vapors are a bear to "fix". Good work!

Back