• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Finding Nemo...

Next time I go to Florida to visit relatives, I’ll see where this guy is. Probably start a new thread. He’s also been spotted in Arkansas!

Next time I go to Florida to visit relatives, I’ll see where this guy is. Probably start a new thread. He’s also been spotted in Arkansas!
I would strongly recommend against that. And if you do, make sure you are going 5mph under the limit when you do. Just up the road is Starke. Starke and Waldo have competed to be rated the number 1 worst speed trap in the nation. 301 is a nice shortcut between 75 and I-10 and a lot of folks use it including trucks. I used to run between my place in Gainesville and my friends in Jacksonville quite often. There hasn't been a time of day that a cop wasn't out either lying in wait for a speeder or writing a ticket. Sometimes more than one in each town. Middle of the day or middle of the night, doesn't matter. Also, it's 65mph on 30 but you can see the 45mph and 35 mph signs together as the speed comes down VERY fast. If you are coming the wrong way into town at the wrong time that first 35mph sign is actually right next to a school zone sign. You better believe they are waiting for someone to come speeding through their school zone not noticing the signs.

I found this interesting about Nemo on the Google maps also. Boy they really have pluged the holes just like they did in the Eagle Ford Shale down here in South Texas

The Barnett Shale is a geological formation located in the Bend Arch-Fort Worth Basin. It consists of sedimentary rocks dating from the Mississippian period (354–323 million years ago) in Texas. The formation underlies the city of Fort Worth and underlies 5,000 mi² (13,000 km²) and at least 17 counties.

Interesting how when you pull up Nemo Texas, in the photo section to the left there is a picture of a dumpster :ponder:

I saw this thread and thought, “wow, Chuck is still active here.” Then I saw his posts were from ‘06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@voyagerrider Can I get some close up shots of the gps and spot mounts on the farkle shelf? My GPS is up there as well but a different mount to the shelf. You can send them in a message to me instead of posting in this thread if you like. Thanks

That shows the mounting about as good as any I have? They are just RAM Ball mounts? I drilled three holes in the farkle shelf about a inch or so in from the rear lip(toward rider). I wish I had went a little further in, and may still do that and just not worry about the existing holes? I currently 1 inch RAM arms, 1.5 or 2 inch first and didn't like like the way the stuff moved around? I am not happy with the way I routed the wiring, I cam out of the left glove box where the helmet headset cord cord comes out. I plan on redoing later this year and try to come out in the area above the left speaker. Hope this helps, if not let me know I will try to better pics?

Back