• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fireworks

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Even though I head spaced and missed the deadline for the Fireworks assignment, I thought I'd post the one I would have submitted. However, when I cleaned up the streetlight in Lightroom, I notice some hidden stuff so I ended up with two versions. So I'm throwing this out for comments. Which do you like better and why?

Dark version with street lamp removed:
IMD_0168-2-XL.jpg

Shadows opened up:
IMD_0168-XL.jpg

I like #1 and I would have gone as far as to darken out the bottom of the frame completely. Nice shot.

Actually it turned out to be pretty easy. I had a tripod and a cable release for the camera. I put it in Bulb mode which meant as long as I held the cable release, it was taking pictures. You could also just set it for 10-20 second exposures too. I think I was about f10 and ISO 100. Aim where you think they are going to be an when you hear the boom from the launch, hit the trigger. The trick is staying open long enough to capture the full shape, but not too long to wash it out with many different explosions. Which is why bulb mode is nicer that a fixed length. You can close the shutter whenever you want.

Back