• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fish Fry Thanksgiving in the Hills - (Nov 16)

Running about 3 hours behind. But should be leaving within the next 30 mins. Should be there in time for fish. :eat::pray:

You and me both. I'll be lucky to not get caught in rush hour on the south end of town. About to bungee the pack to the back of the bike, suit up, and head out. At this rate I'm sure I'll be setting up my tent in the dark. Bob, I PM'd you my route information in case I get eaten by mountain lions on the way there.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make it out there until tomorrow. I got on the bike, pulled it off its side stand, and it kept going over onto its other side. Didn't think I had that much weight on it. So, I'm waiting around for one of my housemates to show up and help me pick up the bike (I tried until my adrenaline wore off - complicated by the fact that the bike fell into a pile/wall of stuff and I can't get to the low side of it), and I'll head out tomorrow morning.

At least I'm packed. :doh::oops:

Finally got out of Austin about an hour ago.
See y'all in a couple hours or so.

ROAD ALERT

1050 out of Utopia is under construction. Lots of gravel that you may wish to avoid.

337 from Vanderpool to Leakey is a fun twisty road during the day, not so much fun in the dark.

So, how was the fish? Color me jealous and sad I missed it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

You know the rules: No photos , it didn't happen.
Especially if Ron is involved, it could be a FISH tale.:eek2:
Tom
Man I wish I coulda been there.

I just can't believe medical attention hasnt been needed yet. I mean Bob and Skatz are both there......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

You know the rules: No photos , it didn't happen.
Especially if Ron is involved, it could be a FISH tale.:eek2:
Tom
Man I wish I coulda been there.

Agree to both statements. :trust:

Had a great weekend. Thanks to Bandaid Bob and the Saint for setting everything up and breakfast.

Thanks to everyone else for the food and good company!
Great fish n fries, super stuffing and crockpot beans. The tater salad was a bit spicy for me, but everyone loved it!

Robert thanks for the being the best ride sweep and Steve (?) a great lead. Had a blast!

Does anyone know if RodRut made it home safe through deer country?

Thank you guys for a great weekend. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Great food, company and roads. Learned a little about algae crossings and how to pick up a GS without assistance. Had 3 close calls with deer but made it back safe at 12:15. Ready for the next adventure.
ude7y3ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great weekend. Thanks to Bandaid Bob and the Saint for setting everything up and breakfast.

Thanks to everyone else for the food and good company!
Great fish n fries, super stuffing and crockpot beans. The tater salad was a bit spicy for me, but everyone loved it!

Robert thanks for the being the best ride sweep and Steve (?) a great lead. Had a blast!

Does anyone know if RodRut made it home safe through deer country?

And thanks for the Tonyrittas. Both gallons.

Back at the homestead, happily recalling a wonderful weekend with great friends, old and new. Or maybe old and young....?

A pleasure to meet so many folks and hug the stuffing (that I made too much of) out of the rest of you! Let's do it again!

:rider:Kat<Wise

Friday night was make-your-own campfire chli-dogs. The chili was "shaken not stirred" after Hunter saw something that he needed to chase in the dark.

GarnerSP_20131114_039.jpg

GarnerSP_20131114_040.jpg

GarnerSP_20131114_044.jpg

The chow line at breakfast on Saturday morning...
GarnerSP_20131114_047.jpg

Don't let this picture fool you. These guys were not satisfied with their first two helpings, so they are preparing "thirds"...
GarnerSP_20131114_048.jpg

Looks like yall had a great time :clap:

P.S. Whiskysmith, do you have a gravel road bike yet :giveup: :giveup: :giveup:

I bet he did. Thank you all for worrying about me. The journey was long and just took more time than expected. Thank you also for the company and the visiting. Will try to get to the next one earlier. The park is a looooooong way from home base. Cannot go as fast in the SUV as on the BMW. Wish we would have been able to spend more time with you fine folks but Lost Maples park was calling. Enjoyed the drive down 337 and only hope the next trip will be on two wheels. The sisters had to be perfect with the lucky weather you all had. Thank you Bob for ordering up such a lovely event. Was nice to visit with the Saint and Hunter again. Nice to see people from the last camp also. Keep an eye out for upcoming events and let us see if we can get even more people involved. KP

Thanks to Bob and Ron and everyone involved for coordinating a great weekend. Great to see some old friends and meet new ones.

sKatZ and TTR and I did a little trip around the sisters and their dirty cousins.

sKatZ and TTR coming up 335 somewhere
null_zpsf0daa3ee.jpg

sKatZ and TTR on one of the many creek crossings on Hackberry Rd
null_zpsc3c7212f.jpg

TTR coming up Bullhead Rd
null_zpsa0de9214.jpg

I too would like to thank everyone for a great weekend and tasty lime-aid.:trust: We will have to do this again real soon.

Back