• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ahhhh young grasshopper...first rule is you must be flexible when touring on a motorcycle [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Also, never factor in weather in Colorado. It will rain, snow and be beautiful all at the same time.
Exactly. I went one year and it rained every day at about 3PM for about 40 minutes. By 4PM the roads were starting to be dry and by 4:30 you wouldn't have known it had rained.

Point being....I could truthfully say that it rained on us every day....but it honestly wasn't a factor. We'd just take a break or continue on when it rained.

I've had ice on the tent in the morning, a snow storm in Telluride in July, hail on the trail and all kinds of other stuff. The only thing that really stops me is lightning. It's best to find shelter if it's lightning. All the other weather is just part of the adventure and is normally over very quickly.

We trailered the bikes to Colorado last June and stayed in a little cabin just south of Montrose at the KOA. The first day we were there, we visited Gateway and then rode the canyon south to Naturita, and on over to Ridgway for lunch where John Wayne made True Grit. It was HOT, and there were wildfires in the mountains.
The next 3 days were solid rain which was great for the fires but not for riding. We did a day trip in the truck to some of the local towns, and then packed up and headed home a day early. We trucked it all back to Las Vegas, and then did an Arizona day ride with the remaining day.

Back