• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FJ-09??? Yamaha's possible 3-cylinder Touring

If I didn't already have a Tenere I would look very hard at that bike for sure. That being said, it would be really hard for me to give up my shaft drive!

Looks like the sv650 turned into Vstorm story. Ugly for sure. They need to make it look like the bmw f800st

It's just a trademark drawing. Lots of people are guessing, and those guesses are being written down as facts that more people are reading and repeating. Especially Fred. ;-)

Leading rumors are: New Africa Twin (KTM killer), KTM 1050 ADV (Africa Twin killer), a dirtier Wee-Strom, Yamaha FJ-09 triple, Yamaha midsize Tenere with MT07 twin engine, dirtier Honda CB500X.

The Intermot show in Cologne starts October 1. The Yamaha announcement to dealers is October 15. The EICMA show is in Milan beginning November 6th. We'll get the facts soon.

Last edited:
It's just a trademark drawing. Lots of people are guessing, and those guesses are being written down as facts that more people are reading and repeating. Especially Fred. ;-)

It's official. It should arrive the next month or so at the dealerships.

2015-Yamaha-FJ-09-MT-09-Tracer-36.jpg

2015-Yamaha-FJ-09-MT-09-Tracer-16.jpg

2015-Yamaha-FJ-09-MT-09-Tracer-28.jpg

Last edited:
What is up with the Japanese engineers and their insect fascination? :lol2:

If you look carefully at the front-end photos, there's a honeycomb pattern in between the headlights. I think that the FJ-09 designer is in love with wasps.
5477748719_c9c6c6911f.jpg

I feel (probably the only one :rofl:) I have enough "investments" in current "projects" to pay for this bike outright.

Going a very cold test drive in my future.....

Maybe in the winter down time on the farm I will have time to finish at least one.

Personally, I was hoping to see it priced under 10k. Was hoping for around 9500 without bags, 10k with...

...the upcoming Versys 1000 looks like a FJR crusher! I don't see cruise control though as an option....

2015-Kawasaki-Versys-1000.jpg

...the new Versys 650 looks like a worthy competitor to the V-Strom 650...

2015-Kawasaki-Versys-650-full.jpg

Can you trust a bike like that without a beak on it???? Something fishy there!!! :lol2:

Can you trust a bike like that without a beak on it???? Something fishy there!!! :lol2:

Quite a few cars and bikes at certain time looks "the same"...imitation is a form of flattery or so goes the saying...

BMW did not start the beak thing, I think it was Suzuki:

1988_DR750-Big_red_800.jpg

Cool video demonstrating the traction control...

[ame="http://youtu.be/MKE0KusRrao"]Yamaha MT-09 Tracer - YouTube[/ame]

Where's the reincarnation of my beloved XS850G. Shaftie triple with disc brakes. Slipped a little windshield fairing on it and went everywhere.

It and the Suzuki 850 (4 cylinder) where the middleweight, shaft drive, sport tourer's of the 80's.

Might go old bike shopping.

Larry
VFRrider

Where's the reincarnation of my beloved XS850G. Shaftie triple with disc brakes. Slipped a little windshield fairing on it and went everywhere.

It and the Suzuki 850 (4 cylinder) where the middleweight, shaft drive, sport tourer's of the 80's.

Might go old bike shopping.

Larry
VFRrider

I could go for that but I'm sure most wouldn't. The market is for Adv. touring or Adv. sport it would appear. I like the Versys but seat height is an issue.

I like the Versys but seat height is an issue.

Not if you lower it. :trust: While you were over at the house, you should have sat on Rachel's bike. I'd bet good money that it would fit you really well. And lowering it was a snap.

Not if you lower it. :trust: While you were over at the house, you should have sat on Rachel's bike. I'd bet good money that it would fit you really well. And lowering it was a snap.

I like to have a center stand too and that causes some issues. The lowered F800ST has that problem too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 5'10" and found the FJ-09 to be surprsingly untall. It has a centerstand, too, I believe.

I'm 5'10" and found the FJ-09 to be surprsingly untall. It has a centerstand, too, I believe.

The FJ09 has a two position seat height, and at 5'8'', I can almost flat-foot mine. And, it does have a center stand.

It was raining while i was there, Tony. I told Jerry I'd come back on a day that won't dirty the bike.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu7FKqMS-4I"]2015 Yamaha FJ-09 - First Ride and Review (MT-09 Tracer) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdnLnCxGEtw"]2015 Yamaha FJ-09 Review at RevZilla.com - YouTube[/ame]

The FJ09 has a two position seat height, and at 5'8'', I can almost flat-foot mine. And, it does have a center stand.
Care to give a short review on the bike? I'm thinking about swapping my super Tenere for one.

Back