• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FJR Grip removal question

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
I am trying to see how easy / difficult it may be to install a Vibranator in my grips and thought it would be an easy task....

The grip:
DSC_0086.jpg

The grip without the black-end. How can I remove this?
DSC_0087.jpg

Also posted the question in the FJRforum, but sometimes responses there are a bit 'rough'...

Work a flat blade screwdriver between the grip and bar and squirt alcohol in-between. Work driver around the bar and slip off grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you need to pull the insides out I have a puller somewhere you can borrow. I'll look for it tomorrow.

I will need to install this inside the grip /handlebar:

Vibranator.jpg

cdc, might check what they send with your new gadget. Mine came with the Throttlemeister for its installation and is a simple bolt and washer thing. I'm sure I still have mine, just need to find it.

Ditto what ceddec said you need a puller. Throttlemeister came with one, check your grips they might have included one.

cdc, might check what they send with your new gadget. Mine came with the Throttlemeister for its installation and is a simple bolt and washer thing. I'm sure I still have mine, just need to find it.

I was going to return the puller on Friday, but left early.
The Vibranator came with the accessory to pull the grommet, but ended up using yours. It's sturdier.
New things went in, now I need to check them...
Will bring them to the office next week.
Thanks Dennis.

I was going to return the puller on Friday, but left early.
The Vibranator came with the accessory to pull the grommet, but ended up using yours. It's sturdier.
New things went in, now I need to check them...
Will bring them to the office next week.
Thanks Dennis.

roger that, I can think of at least three forums waiting with bated breath for your review and how it works out. I guess the pie run will be a pretty good test.

Back