• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Flat Rock 08

Attachments

• 840A0199.jpg
    840A0199.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 144
well not much to report, after a few hours on the Natchez Trace, Stephanie (aka Rip Van Winkle) found a tree to fall asleep under :yawn:

Athens, Alabama is a nice little stopping point, tommorow North Carolina

a few photos, me and my little alien friend 2up on the Trace

Attachments

• 2up.JPG
    2up.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 2up3.JPG
    2up3.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 144
  • alien.JPG
    alien.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 147
  • chow.JPG
    chow.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 147
  • creek.JPG
    creek.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 133
aahhh day 3 was worth the wait, so many twisty roads I thought my head was on a swivel

after a long day on the trace the mountain road literally lept from the valley, Hwy 41 up to Sewanee is just insane, and waiting at the top is Jim Olivers Smoke house

olivers-1.jpg

fried apple pie and coffee

pie.jpg

a whole lot of louvin

louvin-1.jpg

from there we took the back roads to Telico Plains and the skyway

thunder.jpg

klr1-1.jpg

it didn't rain until we got to Robbinsville and was surreal and cloud covered on the blue ridge parkway

blue1.jpg

had to turn the heated grips on, but the big blue sled never missed a beat

wish y'all were here :rider:

Day 4 Saluda, take a nice little ride down Hwy 176 to the tiny town with shops and cafes

176-1.jpg

176-2.jpg

then we found Ken's: Green River Cove Rd

google

cove-1.jpg

cove-2.jpg

cove-3.jpg

not exactly sweepers

Day 5 Mt Mitchell misadventure

google

Mt Mitchell is one of the taller peaks around (about 6000ft) and is on the blue ridge parkway, so whats not to like

well after being detoured on to IH40, one of Squeaky's posts from her trip rang a bell, the blue ridge is closed this way :doh: , and the signs say 30 or 40 more miles on the interstate

so we doubled back and decided to see if it was really closed, which it eventually was at pt F, so of we took a gravel road down the mountain (which was nice packed gravel), maybe we could sneak around

we headed to pt G where the pavement ended and was guarded by two really mean looking dogs :giveup: , so we turned around and went home for dinner, on IH 26 at rush hour

still, a bit of fun, I guess we will see deals gap and Hwy 129 on the way home

wish I had more back roads riding planned, and another 2 wheeler to ride with, but we are here to visit family

yay im back, Day 6,7, & 8, about 3,000 miles total

my favorite scenic road the Blue Ridge Parkway

DSC_0164-1.jpg

DSC_0170-1.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

deep in the Pisgah forrest

DSC_0147-1.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

Wayah Road

DSC_0174.jpg