• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Flood and Tornado ride

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Baker
Anyone up for a little flood and tornado exibition ride Monday a.m. ? Apparently we had a tornado touch down a mile from my place in San Gabriel on Sat. aft. I was sipping a brewski and watching from the barn's deck when the take cover warning came through, and we got our stuff together making space for a wife in front, and a couple dogs in the back seat of the truck inside the barn if we needed to get serious. I saw two other funnel type features that did not seem to hit ground, but missed this one that landed a mile to the right I guess. Fortunately, no real major damage, just a few old out buildings. I figure its always more than they describe, expecially if they are "your" old out buildings. There is a sometimes a good reason they have not been removed yet, like I have all my **** in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I took my ride yesterday and got about a mile as the crow flies from my house to San Gabriel, where a mild tornado event had "possibly touched down" according to the local news. The church roof was being tarped by professional roofers, but one dedicated church member named Chris was loading all the interior roofing that came down, and the church carpeting into a dumpster. I went back home got some work gloves and my wife and I spent the afternoon helping him load it all. For this small community there is no such thing as a "small" tornado. It took a number of small outbuildings and one home lost a roof as well. Several homes lost areas of sheeting from roofs. I am sure the people affected can use more help if anyone wants to come out and get some exercise. I'll probably chainsaw fallen trees and move brush this a.m./aft.

Attachments

• ac challenge.jpg
    ac challenge.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 153
  • store.jpg
    store.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 141
  • church interior.jpg
    church interior.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 154
  • church sign.jpg
    church sign.jpg