• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FM 149 and FM 3090 "road racers", LEO not in a good mood.

The more views these attention craving exhibitionists get on their videos the more incentive to continue doing this stuff.
Not anything I want to encourage.
Good point, I'll stay off it.

Yup, I have no desire to watch it, and if others did not watch it, they would stop (well, not stop, because stupid is stupid, but would reduce them) because there is no incentive.
Views give them revenue, and more reason to do it.
He can make money off that?

Yeah - next thing you know there will be a "Go Fund Me" for either his hospital expenses or a new bike. Nein danke.

Dave

One of the reasons I stay away from there on weekends. A lot more bikes and more LEO.
Same for FM1458 in Santa Fe/Pattison and 1489 south of Brookshire.
FM1458 in Santa Fe/Pattison ???

Yeah - next thing you know there will be a "Go Fund Me" for either his hospital expenses or a new bike. Nein danke.

Dave
Nah, he's a philanthropist, but does it the lazy modern way . . . with OPM. :thumbd:

The linked "Crashing at 160mph" vid appears to be Aussie so I don't get the connection.

A donor's note, emphasis added:

Nicole Tomburello
$50•2 mos
I hope X has a good recovery! My bf and I love watching crash test goat’s videos, he had an accident about 8 months ago too and is just now getting his bike fixed after some extensive surgery on his knee and is ready to ride again but I still worry about him every single day. I hope X can get back in the saddle and ride again some day. It’s so scary to think about your friends and loved ones being hurt just minding their own business and doing what makes them happy, watching the video seriously made me emotional. It really makes me realize how much I take life for granted. I sincerely wish X a speedy recovery ❤️

FM1458 in Santa Fe/Pattison ???
I think it was supposed to be between San Felipe and Pattison.
Correct.
I was talking about "RacerRoad":
Capture.JPG

My mistake.
Not any twisties that I know of near Santa Fe.

Last edited:
The fact y'all clicked on his videos just gives him more reason to act like and idiot an endanger all of our families. A bike hitting a car at 150 mph may kill everyone in the car. So remember that the next time you feel the need to click on one of their videos. Watching is supporting!!!

Sooner or later but that will be the end result. Can't like that on the street no matter how good you are without a bad result.

The folks in these videos are just huge risk takers with little concern for their life and perhaps that of others who may get tangled up in it when they go down. Its just a shame they need to ride these bikes in a populated area, disrespecting everyone and setting up a conflict between bike riders and police, and I would not blame any LEO one bit for popping them and loading their bikes up. I'm very surprised nobody has caught them given their online presence. My guess is that if you poke at the LEO's enough, you will get taken down.

I wonder how many here have not done 170 once or twice on a serious sportbike if you ever owned one. To me its all about choosing proper safe locations if you are going to do it. I rode them for years before moving into adventure bikes. I was not stupid, just having some fun. We'd run out of Hollister CA and then out in the desert behind Death Valley CA when we could to do top speed runs. We never had two riders running close to each other in those situations, and never did it with another car even in sight. If you've ever owned one of these bikes, the stability and safety at speed is astounding, and the temptation to hammer it is pretty strong. I don't own them anymore, because the temptation would outweigh my judgement and reflexes, and heck even my R1200RT pulls 141 :-)

I wonder how many here have not done 170 once or twice on a serious sportbike if you ever owned one.
Umm, no never...

Thinking back to riding a friends modified GSXR 1100 on Hwy 59 past Rosenberg back in the early 90's ... :scratch:
Not sure how fast that was, just know the white stripes looked solid :trust:

But this was no traffic, no vehicles around at all, and not a regular occurrence.

guess is that if you poke at the LEO's enough, you will get taken down.
They might not put it together yet or aren't pissed off enough yet. I pretty sure once LEO wants them bad enough they'll take care of it. If riders don't croak first. Only a matter of time at that limit.

I wonder how many here have not done 170 once or twice on a serious sportbike if you ever owned one. To me its all about choosing proper safe locations if you are going to do it.

Haven't been quite that fast and I only did it once. It was a totally clear stretch of pavement in the boonies. That sort of speed on the ground ain't for me. I never owned a liter sport bike, but had access to one for a while. It was exciting, but I'm not ready to die just yet! A liter adventure bike that gets aero limited before 120 but will hit 100 in a decent hurry is plenty good enough for me!

Last edited:
17 years ago, i tapped my zx6rr out as fast as it would go. It was 9pm on a 4 lane divided highway between Gilmer and Longview. Think i passed 6 vehicles total in 15 miles. I was stupid once.

The more views these attention craving exhibitionists get on their videos the more incentive to continue doing this stuff.
Not anything I want to encourage.
Yeah, I took the bait 8^(
I am kind of a laissez-faire kind of guy, but that video disgusted me. Speeds in excess of 160 mph down a busy thoroughfare? That is beyond unsafe. That is total disregard of human life. If he hits another vehicle at that speed he is going to hurt or kill somebody. I put him in the league of a drive by killer. I hope that he is caught and his license taken away for the rest of his life. He deserves to be seen splattered up against a bridge abutment somewhere. Bad Juju! 8^(

That is one poster that should be removed from Youtube.

Yeah, I took the bait 8^(
I am kind of a laissez-faire kind of guy, but that video disgusted me. Speeds in excess of 160 mph down a busy thoroughfare? That is beyond unsafe. That is total disregard of human life. If he hits another vehicle at that speed he is going to hurt or kill somebody. I put him in the league of a drive by killer. I hope that he is caught and his license taken away for the rest of his life. He deserves to be seen splattered up against a bridge abutment somewhere. Bad Juju! 8^(

That is one poster that should be removed from Youtube.
I thought the same, take it off. Although I don't wish him harm. Just stop.

When I was much younger (early 90's) and much dumber, I had a GSX-R when I was stationed at Ft Huachuca in AZ. I would meet up with other sport bike riders right off post in Sierra Vista and we would go on high speed runs, but never in traffic. The roads we went on were out in the middle of nowhere, where we would literally be the only ones out there. What this Goat guy and his riding buddies do in traffic like that, splitting lanes at 130 mph, etc. and the speeds they go is just plain stupid.

Now, I ride a Lazy Boy on wheels and am content on just riding along with the cruise control set to 65-70, listening to the FM or satellite radio, and glancing at the GPS screen every now and then when needed.

Back