• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FM 149 and FM 3090 "road racers", LEO not in a good mood.

I wonder how many here have not done 170 once or twice on a serious sportbike if you ever owned one.
Get the bike to a track day.. that's the only way to go fast safely.

I knew a guy that claimed to be in a Houston 'race night' club. They'd lap 610 in the wee hours like in some of those videos - I think once or twice a month. LEO's didn't even try to chase 'em. Some guys had switches to kill all the lights - stealth mode to help sneak away if followed. This was well over 10 years ago, maybe 15. I kinda didn't believe his stories... until I saw the videos above.

Trying to chase one of them would be much more hazardous than just letting them go and unless they hit a really small car the car passenger should fare a lot better than the rider , and it’s only a matter of time until the problem solves itself . The fact is they are an extreme danger to highway traffic and should be taken out by any means possible . many years ago a truck driver went off the deep end and went on a rampage with his truck , of course the news choppers filmed the whole thing live , even when the DPS sniper took him out . The tv crew didn’t catch that part for a couple days but it was very obvious to me . I kinda felt sorry for the driver because I had seen how that business works from the inside . I’m surprised it didn’t happen more often .

Just watched him bust 170 in traffic, he's not long for this world.
Probably not, but in the meantime think about the impressions he'll leave behind when he goes; every cage driver from Katy to Beaumont to The Woodlands that have been passed by him will think we're all blazing idiots, and any suggestion of legalizing lane splitting / filtering / sharing will never get out of committee due to the outrage from these folks. He does us all a disservice but I'm sure he could care less.

I wonder how many here have not done 170 once or twice on a serious sportbike if you ever owned one.
I've broken the ton a time or two on the Wing, but it was on roads like this...

Long 2 - NV.JPG

Yeah, I took the bait 8^(
I am kind of a laissez-faire kind of guy, but that video disgusted me. Speeds in excess of 160 mph down a busy thoroughfare? That is beyond unsafe. That is total disregard of human life. If he hits another vehicle at that speed he is going to hurt or kill somebody. I put him in the league of a drive by killer. I hope that he is caught and his license taken away for the rest of his life. He deserves to be seen splattered up against a bridge abutment somewhere. Bad Juju! 8^(

That is one poster that should be removed from Youtube.
You are a little nuts, my friend in your judgement. You actually wish someone to be splattered?

Back