• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Foe Sale '08 KTM 200 XCW

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Crabtree
About 2 years ago I posted my '08 200xcw for sale. I got a few inquiries but I needed to replace the fork seals and some other stuff and most people let me know they wanted something without problems. SO... I have replaced the fork seals with SKF seals & mud wipers. All the fluids had been drained while it sat and I have replaced all and started it for the first time tonight. I will finish adjusting everything in the next few days.

Details: I purchased new in '08. I re-titled it in 2012 so it was street legal. (after riding my 690 at SHNF) I have 2 sets of plastic, the white set-offroad. The orange set became the street legal set with headlight & plate holder on the rear. Also I have a 4.5? gallon clear tank for it. This makes it the perfect bike for San Houston N.F. or Big Bend. Anywhere you would like to ride to a trail head.

I also have many spares and 1 new front 606 and 2 new rear tires one is a 606. All the spares OE pipe & FMF and tools for this bike go with it. I also have all my notes on set up and maintenance. Once the bike is gone I will be selling all my offroad gear. 3 rail Bike trailer, bike stands, Bike Master tire changing stand and anything else that may go with riding dirt bikes.

But if it does not sell, I will be riding it as soon as the "shelter in place order" is lifted. : ) It's too fun to let it set in the garage.

Let me know if you have interest and I will answer any questions. Looking to get $3000 for everything, bike, tires & spares parts, tools.

In my option this is the best off rode woods bike I road in my 40 years riding & racing dirt bikes.

Sam

Last edited:
If you decide to do a last Hidden Falls ride please let me know. You are the first person to take me out dirt riding . I was hooked.
Eternally grateful .
GLWS

Hi Sam, I'll trade ya a lightly used 300XCW for it?
Let's plan a run out to HF or CTOR. We'll even let Vinny tag along.

Set it up JT. I am good anytime. Well....hmm that's stretching it a little I guess. I can be there just about anytime. : )

No, I have no use for a more powerful bike. Seems I have gotten old because I quit riding. Something I said I would never do but... it happened.

The back and hips are in need of some lube. But I not ready to let someone cut on me.

You let me know when you want to go and I will be there. I think I could do some riding, it just may not be smooth. And it may be slow.

Sam

Seems like very similar bikes to me. I'll love to ride with you guys.

Well, now we just have to decide when and where. I'd prefer CTOR just cuz there is so much out there that is still new to me. I have not been on my bike in about 2 years, so it'll need a carb cleaning. I dont know if I can be ready by this weekend. What about you Vinny? And what ever happened to StokedAndBored, did he move to Iowa or sumthin?

I think mine is ready. Ordered 2 new air filters, one had rotted in the bike, and the other is AWOL. But I have the fork seals in and filled with 3wt 70% and topped off with 5 wt. Should be very plush after some dialing. While the bike sat it was drained of fluids so all fresh fluids in now. All bearings were packed before sitting up.
So other than the tubes being rotten.... I should be ready, but the tires are holding air now. I will bring extra tubes, of course they are from storage several years ago. : )
Anyway, I don't care were just make sure they will let us come ride with current conditions.

Maybe we can entice someone interested in the 200 to show up. It needs a rider who will take it out for exercise regularly.

Maybe we should move this to a ride discussion forum....

Sam

You got any photos?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am down for the CTOR ride Sam, I egged you into getting that bike back running again you have to come back to play some more

Carl and I are planning on Zars on Saturday unless we go to CTOR with you guys

Ridden it, followed it(eaten a lot of 200 dust behind it) and even led it around a few times it is a great bike.

That being said I would like to see it stay in the garage its in and be used with his friends, but it is what it is

Well, now we just have to decide when and where. I'd prefer CTOR just cuz there is so much out there that is still new to me. I have not been on my bike in about 2 years, so it'll need a carb cleaning. I dont know if I can be ready by this weekend. What about you Vinny? And what ever happened to StokedAndBored, did he move to Iowa or sumthin?

S&B rides alot. Mostly CTOR. Group of guys are into hard enduro and he likes to ride with them. I also ride with them but it's a bit much for me since I dont ride every weekend.
CTOR is open. $30.
Ready whenever you guys are. Doesn't have to be a weekend either.
I know CTOR well. PM me when you want to go.

Let's see if I can post a photo???

Attachments

• DSCF0461.JPG
    DSCF0461.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 195
Hey it worked. Senility has not taken over completely.. :loco: If you can bring up properties on the photo it would tell you 2013. A few things have changed.

That was taken between FMF silencers and at that time I had the stock back on it. It is still in good working order and come with the spares. I also have the Q Stealth on it now & a power core that was on for a short time. Loved the power but not the noise. As you can see from the photo the 4.? gas tank is on it along with the orange rear fender and plate. Currently it has all white plastic and the stoke tank. I have more pictures but none newer than this.

Sam

Forwarded to my buddy

PM sent

I am down for the CTOR ride Sam, I egged you into getting that bike back running again you have to come back to play some more

Carl and I are planning on Zars on Saturday unless we go to CTOR with you guys

No problem with egging me. I would like to land "sunny side up" if possible. :sun: If someone doesn't decide they need to have fun with it, then I will just have to peel some knobs off of those tires with it. Vinny says CTOR is open, but what ever happens let me know and I will bring it out. Just don't expect alot from me.
Opps, I am late for a brake bleeding. :uhoh: Brakes feel good now but I know they won't after getting hot.

Sam

OK, I've tried to find a home for this special bike. It seems funny to me but I guess not many people rode them when they were being sold or don't remember how special they filled a niche. Easy to ride for the beginner. Adjustable PV valve allows it to be very mellow. Or you can do what I did. Head mods, FMF gnarley pipe & silencer, reeds, and change the PV to open later and you have a very rideable stallion with great get up that weighs right at 200 lbs. But all the mods were reversible easily. I've ridden down more than a couple 300's in the woods only to have the rider ask "what is that!". Lots of mods to this bike, but I have now ordered a new S+3 head so... I am keeping it.
So I will ride it and maybe it might find someone while at a ride that has to have it. But it's now going to cost much more. :clap: My problem was riding it out back and dialing in the suspension, it is just so sweet. :deal: Hopefully it finds a new home before I hurt myself. My mind is still capable of warp speed but my body is only able to cope with impulse power. And Scotty is nowhere to be found. Hope to see y'all out there.

Sam

:dude: I finally got by TJs today and picked up a carb kit for the 300. Already have plans this weekend, but maybe next we can get out to CTOR?

Anytime anyone is ready. Head is back ordered. Rep told me he would let me know once the Cali Gov let them go back to work and it would be put in line. Bike runs great right now. I need to hit to get on the mountain bike, get in some other shape than blob. :twitch: Need to get out of this lazy funk!

I don't think anyone will have a problem keeping 6 foot in front of me, for sure after the first mile. :moon: But remember we need to keep it under 10 people. I've ridden a lot of west texas enduros with a bandanna over my face, nothing different there. Who would have believed that dust would be the "social distancing" equalizer of 2020. :lol2:

Looking forward to good times with y'all. Let's close this post and start one in the impending dust storms area! :flip:

Sam

Planning on riding CTOR next week sometime. Will keep you updated Sam. Waiting for things to dry a bit.

Budrex was that a question? I am ready, still have not changed the tubes out, they have been sitting for ??? 3 years? Should just replace them, But :scratch: They hold air and I am capable of replacing at the parking lot if need be. My answer is I am ready.

Vinny just start a thread in Impending Dust Storms.

Back