• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Dads and Daughters

It's amazing how fast they grow up.:eek2:

:tab As a kid I recall thinking adults were weird because they were always astonished at how much we'd grown since the last time they saw us, or they could not believe how FAST we were growing up. Seemed like an eternity on our end. But now that I am that adult and it is my kids growing up, FAST hardly seems to describe it. Sometimes it freaks me out a bit :lol2:

:tab Sarah is only six right now, but she can't wait for the time when she gets to ride with me. I can't either... but part of me doesn't want it to happen to fast...

Great thread, good to see a lot of you guys out there making memories with your girls. Motivates me to push a little to do likewise when I can. My daughter is crazy...and will probably be up for anything.

Mom won't let her on the bike just yet (only 3), but we're gettin' there...

9c642198.jpg

Her legs weren't that long when I put that thing together, maybe it's time to step up to a 12V, or a 50cc :trust:

I'd love to have some motorcycling memories with my daughter. But with her autism even car trips were complicated.

I guess the closest one to motorcycles with her is when she came to the Top of the Rockies Rally in Paonia, Colorado. I took my 12 year old son on my BMW R100RT, Mom and daughter followed in the mini van.

They have a motorcycle parade in Paonia. My son and I were gonna do it, then (unexpectedly) my daughter also wanted to ride with me (never asked before, that's autism for you). This caused a huge fuss between them till I asked a sidecar owner to take my daughter on his rig. He was a really nice guy and got her the pillon spot.

All turned out well. Somewhere in my photo collection I have a photo of my daughter on the sidecar rig, giving a thumbs up. I'll have to find it.

Ah memories.... :lol2:

I guess the closest one to motorcycles with her is when she came to the Top of the Rockies Rally in Paonia, Colorado. I took my 12 year old son on my BMW R100RT, Mom and daughter followed in the mini van.

:tab I did something similar for a trip a few years back. I doubt Sarah remembers, but Beth, Sarah and a friend's wife were following us in a rented jeep as we trekked all over the mountains around Telluride/Silverton.

DSC04125.JPG

DSC04127.JPG

:tab Then there are just all the bike nights, Pie Runs, Burger Bashes, etc,... Our kids have been around all those things since birth. They love it when we have a lot of people with bikes visit. So far though, they've only had rides in Kevin Graulty's incredibly beautiful 1966 BMW R60/2 side car rig and Bluedevil's Trike/Car thingy, both in parking lots.

:tab Sarah and Daniel are both realll close to being ready for a 50cc of some sort.

Unfortunately, no pictures. Both my daughters, grown and gone now, enjoy motorcycle rides. I periodically get a phone call, "Dad, I'll be home for the weekend and I'm bringing my helmet. I need some cycletherapy."

One of my best memories: Going to see #2, Laurie, graduate from her advanced Army training at Ft. Huachuca, Arizona a couple years ago, mom and #1, Marcia, in the car, me on the bike. Laurie rode the 1000 miles back to Corpus with me on the bike, instead of opting for the car. Getting near Corpus on the second day she asked, "Dad, can we come in over the bridge?" We made it happen. Ending two 500-mile days on the bike and she wanted to come the long way into town.

Time to revive this thread. Especially with all the kids getting new bikes and new gear to ride with daddy. ;-)

My youngest girl of three. So far, she has only been as far as a few blocks from home but, can't wait to go farther.

74172_1620428921212_1551097683_3248446_3831848_n.jpg

Everyone!
Thank you so much for posting pics and stories of your babies! This is exactly what I was hoping for when I started this thread almost 3 years ago!

I've been away from TWT for a while; having recently returned to post a report on a ride I did with MY baby last fall (ya'all miss me?!) :rofl:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=835780#post835780

I started going thru this thread a few minutes ago and came across the video in post #62. Of course I lost it.

Chuck, thank you so much for doing that!

They truly do grow up way too fast :tears:

From our recent trip to the Grand Canyon

Several years ago we spent a week riding southern Oregon/northern California, and the girls made a new friend...

I love Rachael's reaction after the little guy flew off!

You know what the sticker says...

Those are lucky girls. I rode pillion with my dad for years and years but he pitched a fit at the slightest mention of me riding. I have photos of his last ride - just a few minutes in the alley behind his house before the cancer finished tearing him to bits. A lot of years passed before I finally started. No photos of us together that I know of but I wish I could ride with him once again.

As for me, I only have warty boyz, two who ride and one who is just to the left of absolutely terrified. As MCRyder mentioned, autism is a funny thing. But I'm hoping for the day I get to hit the road with my boyz. I'll be thinking of my dad the whole time.

You go, girls!!! (Thanks, daddies, for letting them fly long before they get all old and grumpy like me :thumb:)

Wow, you folks are lucky. My kids won't even get on my bike, course she is 19 and doesn't live at home anymore and he is 14 so that wouldn't be cool for two dudes to be on a bike together.

Oh and sKatZ, your dad is with you every time you ride.

There is a different kind of bond that daddys and daughters have than I share with my sons. I'm fortunate enough to capture it from time to time. This was part of a photoshoot of some friends of ours. I pulled the shots of the girls and presented this to them:

http://vimeo.com/17222389

(I can't figure out why the embed code isn't working here)

It's been far too long since this wonderful thread has seen activity. All of our baby girls are growing up. I promise you, they will remember those riding days with Dad even after they've gone their own ways and riding their own bikes. One of my first, today.
Christina_zpsblpb6erl.jpg

Great pic Terry!

You are so right about our girls growing up. My baby just turned 20! She graduated high school two years ago and got out on her own. My wife and I are empty nesters now, and while most of the time its pretty cool, other times it's awful not having the kids around.

Don't you know it. I still have two more girls in the house but even one being "on her own" makes me feel like a mamma duck without one of her ducklings. lol I don't know what I'm gonna do if the other two ever move out. :lol2:

Great day today. For the last four+ years my daughter has climbing onto my bike to see if her feet could touch the pegs. Today at 8 1/2 her feet were firmly on the pegs while seated... knees bent, and able to stand a little. As promised, we hopped in the car and drove to the cycle center in Denton to try on gear. Unfortunately, it was 30min after closing before we arrived. Next weekend we will trek to the shop again sizing her out. I'll likely outfit her with a combo new lid and gently used gear. Any advice from the seasoned father/daughter riders will be appreciated.

A shame so many images in this thread are dead links now. Maybe we should just start a new version of this thread?

Will the photos stay if they are loaded onto the forum directly? Seems the like the externally hosted one disappear over time.

Will the photos stay if they are loaded onto the forum directly? Seems the like the externally hosted one disappear over time.

Yes. They way the forum is setup now, when you link to an image and save your post, the forum loads the image and immediately converts it to an attachment, which is permanently stored on my server (at least until the message with the attachment is deleted). This is why I have been trying to get people to update some of their BIG ride reports. I know it is a lot of work, but once it is done, it is done forever.

My 20 year old won’t ride, however my seven year old can’t wait until she’s ten and can.
Her twin brother is all over that idea too.
eb77ded308c9ddf8f51224f693e841b2.jpg

da6be4746ee0c76fa78a3d712553ef22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids would all go out in the garage and sit on my 1200 GS. I told them they could ride with me when their feet reached the passenger pegs while they were sitting properly on the passenger seat. You should have seem them stretching their legs/feet trying to make it work!! :lol2:

Sarah and Daniel are both realll close to being ready for a 50cc of some sort.

I really need to update this thread! :eek2:

We got two 50's back in 2011 (2008 CRF50F and 2008 TTR50E) and both are gone now, replaced by two 110's (2013 CRF110F and TTR110E). All three kids now ride with me. Sarah did a big trip with me out through New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado back in 2016 on my 07 R1200 GS. Daniel and I just returned from a trip out to Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee last week on my 2017 R1200 GS Rallye. Both of them have ridden with me in Arkansas, Missouri, Colorado, and New Mexico on other trips. Rachel has only started doing local rides with me, but she's not into the bumpy dirt roads like the other two are. She likes the smooth roads. Rachel will be 11 in August. Daniel will be 13 in August. Sarah will be 15 in December. It happens FAST!! :shock:

Back