• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Dads and Daughters

I only have pics of the girls; none on the bike(s) yet:

Attachments

• DSC02929.jpg
    DSC02929.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 269
Fixed it for you.

Hey, depending on how you count, I have either two, three, or four daughters ranging from sixteen to twenty-two - I do know how it is.

That is true. It is especially bad when it seems all their friends have I-phones, drive new cars, families own ranches. No way to keep up with those Jones.

It makes for a good lesson on life.

Honey, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, yeah,
You just might find you get what you need!

if I would have started this thread it would have been summer of 1985.
I have 3 daughters and I raised them after "old whats her face" and I split.
when the youngest was 17 she and I took the MSF course so that she could get her motorcycle license.
at that time I had an 1983 goldwing and an late model kaw 450.
with my daughter on the kaw and me on the goldwing we took off from Houston to Tampa.
we only made it a little ways into La. when we got into a BIG rain storm.
we had rain suits but it was really coming down so I stopped and got a motel room for the night very early in the day, had to let her dry out and get a good nights rest.
the next morning we took off for Tampa again, when we got to Tallahassee I told my daughter that we needed to find a room for the night, she said no way, we were this close and she did not want to stop. so we keep going until we got to my brothers house in Tampa.
the main reason she did not want to stop is that she was tired of the bike and wanted to get off and stay off.
we spent a week in Fl. and made it to both coasts but she did not touch the bike until it was time to come back home.
on the way home I noticed that she would fall back and then catch up a bunch of times. after we got home I ask her how fast she got it up to, I figured that was the reason she kept falling back.
she said "daddy I never got over 95"
and that was my daughters first long trip and she did it at age 17, also that last part of the trip there was an 800 mile day.

I've been talking with my dad off and on about my start into riding, and asked him if the vague memory I had of riding behind him on a motorcycle when I was about 3 or 4 was real. It was; turns out he owned 2 or 3 different bikes (and he and his brothers *built* a scooter when they were teenagers!) before he got out of riding sometime soon after that brief ride I remember.

Tonight I was talking to him on the phone, and he mentioned going past someone's house and seeing a HD sportster for sale in the driveway. He said, "maybe I need to get myself one last motorcycle." "Oh yeah?" I said, and he replied, "Yeah, then maybe we can do some riding together." I'm so excited! My dad just turned 60, and he hasn't been in good physical shape for awhile, so I'm hoping this will be something of a motivator for him to get healthy again, and then we can do some more hunting and fishing too.

Then I saw this thread! It'll probably be awhile before he gets back in shape and gets his license, though.

My little princess on Clearwater Beach, during our brief stint in Florida.
2005-09-04DSC_3858.jpg

What a beauty....
BluebonnetPictures2007035.jpg

And finally, one with the bike in it. My buckets and washing stuff were all packed up, so she had the brilliant idea of using the ice chest. Worked great! :)
BikeBath014.jpg

I took Kyrstin out for a short ride in the neighborhood today and got a little of it on tape. :sun:

That was great, Ryan. We do that all the time around our hood. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm terrible. ;)

Good times. :thumb:

I was intrigued by the monster thread on Adventure Rider and this one here, so I ripped off a couple hundred photos and put them together in a You-Tube video here.

The Adv thread: for Dads and Daughters

A higher res version (PC executable) can be downloaded here - it is 25 megabytes and the transfer may be slow, but be patient and it will eventually finish...

Having a daughter does something to a Dad... :wary:

I was intrigued by the monster thread on Adventure Rider and this one here, so I ripped off a couple hundred photos and put them together in a You-Tube video here.

The Adv thread: for Dads and Daughters

A higher res version (PC executable) can be downloaded here - it is 25 megabytes and the transfer may be slow, but be patient and it will eventually finish...

Hey now, I know I contributed plenty of photos in the ADV thread and didnt see a one on there! :lol2:

Cool video though!:clap:

I don't remember contributing to this thread though.
Kylie001.jpg

Kylie005.jpg

P7050016.jpg

P7050019.jpg

P9180258.jpg

I have a daddycycle and mommy has a mommycycle. And she always wants a ride around the field.:rider:

:tab:tab:tab:tears: :tears: :tears:

:tab One for each daughter!!!

EDIT: Okay, I just downloaded and viewed the Hi-res version. Same results, second viewing.
:tab:tabChuck, you are an evil man................:mrgreen:
+1
I started viewing it and thinking, "OK, nice job, I can see how this might get to the Dads" and then I saw the pic of my daughter. It was all over at that point.

Man, awesome job. My eyes are all squishy now. That dedication at the end killed me. :twitch:

We're kind of going through the empty-nest thing with our 20 y.o., even after a couple of years... She wants a Ninja two-fiddy.

Good thing we never treated her like a princess. :trust: :giveup:

86696101_KkPhf-L.jpg

In light of this thread, my oldest and I took a spin around the neighborhood today. Its official. She has made it clear that she wants her own motorcycle...a red one. :mrgreen:

DSC_9857.jpg

My Cristen is not quite as precious Krystin, but she has grown up and she does have a red one. And I'm afraid she is faster than her DAD now. :oops:

AMSCrisIDR.jpg

Back