• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD - 2007 BMW R1200GSA

Reaction score
2007 BMW R1200GSA
Houston, Texas
miles: 38,577
Miles when I bought it: 35,500 approx.
Reluctantly selling but anticipating financial needs so the toy has to go......for now.

the good:

-everything...……………..
ok seriously:
-no ESA
-just prior to buying, receipt available
-BMW Motorcycles of Jacksonville performed a Dynamic Service at 34,264
-transmission fluid change
-Oil
-spark plugs
-air filter
-fuel system cleaning
-ABS module rebuild (big one)
-Both throttle bodies replaced with new
-Alternator belt change
-brake fluid flush
-replaced the oil sight glass and oil/filter at 36,965 miles
-all three aluminum panniers in great condition all keyed to ignition
-fantastic condition, pictures speak for themselves....I hope
-shinko 705 on rear at 37,130 miles, half tread Tourance on front (have the old rear Tourance that could go for a few more miles)
-matching standard GS front and rear seats
-matching front and rear Russell Day Long saddles. came with the bike and the serial number is not readable. I'm 190lbs and can go 4 or so hours without needing to stretch.
-GSA matching front seat (pictured on bike)
-LED's in headlights (original bulbs go with)
-ZTechnik VStream wind screen
-ZTechnik headlight protector
-1" bar risers, can't tell what kind
-things in a box, Touratec Garmin mount, oil filters, air filter, "Super special oil filter wrench", extra large handguards, etc.
-No ESA...……

the bad:
-can't think of any other than i'm selling it. (I will be back though)

happy to assist in shipping or a fly and ride. have other pics or can take a specific one if you want.

$7,500.00 obo
Trade possible for an economy non-thumper dual sport plus cash.

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
One day I'll have one of these, Rsquared will also! lol

ok back up for sale. ignition switch went out. replaced and did a 75ish mile ride with multiple off and on's to make sure its sorted out.

runs great again.

also reduced price because I know it was priced too high.

NIce bike. I put 82K on my 2007 GSA then I recently saw it up for sale 2 years later with 89K on it, with all my Alaska stickers still on the luggage cases. My ex bike has many more miles to go still, I am sure, so yours is still quite young! The simplicity of this earlier motor is helpful at valve adjustment time. Our local dealer did not have the shims I needed to tune my 2011 model. Shame on them.

By the way, if you want to trade the seat for a Sargent dual set set up, I'd be interested!

The simplicity of this earlier motor is helpful at valve adjustment time. Our local dealer did not have the shims I needed to tune my 2011 model. Shame on them.

That is part of the reason why I still cling to my 2007 GS, simplicity. Speaking of, my valves are in need of inspection :ponder:

Did it have the rear wheel hub recall done?

My 2007 GS had to have it done.

Did it have the rear wheel hub recall done?

My 2007 GS had to have it done.

Before I purchased it and just now, I checked to see if there were any open recalls and there were not. So I assume it’s been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. It is not a big deal to get it done, but it is important! My hub failed on my 2005 GS. It wasn't pretty. When I got my 2007, I had the recall done. They had it in/out while I waited at the dealership.

To know 100%, you can call any BMW dealer and give them the VIN. They can look it up to check.

Cool. It is not a big deal to get it done, but it is important! My hub failed on my 2005 GS. It wasn't pretty. When I got my 2007, I had the recall done. They had it in/out while I waited at the dealership.

To know 100%, you can call any BMW dealer and give them the VIN. They can look it up to check.

That’s what I did before buying. Called BMW Motorcycles of Jacksonville where he had the work done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I did before buying. Called BMW Motorcycles of Jacksonville where he had the work done.

:thumb:

I keep coming back to look at this bike. It would be a nice change from my regular GS. Both have about the same miles. But.... I'll have to let someone else enjoy this GSA goodness ;-)

Back