• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WEST TX: For Sale 2017 KTM 500 EXC-F (SOLD!!!!)

Reaction score
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

$8000

Yes, I know it's not orange. I hate that stupid KTM orange. I painted it matte desert brown. I think it looks much better this way. Color aside.... This awesome bike has been ridden mostly ON-road. I've done 100 miles off-road on mostly easy dirt trail in the DFW area. Most of the miles have been street riding in Fort Worth on-road.

Street legal, six gears, and it'll easily do 80 on the interstate for as long as your butt can take it.
First, second, and third gears are a beast! Be careful....this thing has A LOT of power!
1800 miles - 60 hours (30mph average - mostly city driving)
Oil changed every 20 hours. Valve clearances checked twice (well within spec both times). This bike has a TON of life left in it.

Comes with:
  • clake.com.au One Light Clutch (one finger light pull)
  • cycra.com Probend Aluminum Hand Guards
  • ktmandhusky.com TPS Tuner (for tuning the fuel flow)
  • ktmandhusky.com Exhaust Endcap (better airflow and sound)
  • ktmandhusky.com Grunt Exhaust Manifold (better airflow)
  • ktmandhusky.com Fuel Rail (better fuel flow to injector)
  • ktmandhusky.com 90 Degree Tank Fitting (nothing sticking out)
  • ktmandhusky.com Aluminum Radiator Guards (bullet proof guards)
  • seatconcepts.com Seat (much better than stock)
  • KTM stock tool kit + extra shock pre-load wrench
  • KTM Polymer Bash Plate (just as strong as aluminum and no sound reflection)
  • Enduro Engineering Grab handle (you can lift the entire back end with it)
I'm selling the bike because I have another one that I ride more and I don't do a ton of dual sport riding. This thing really deserves to be ridden more.

More pictures can be found at: https://odessa.craigslist.org/mcy/6836162876.html

Last edited:
I've updated the asking price. Since I'm storing the bike to keep it pristine and clean, I'd simply prefer it sell a little more quickly. Get it while you can! Cheers all!

Updated Location! I'm moving to west Texas. Big Spring to be exact. It's where that bike was meant to be ridden.... where there's more dirt! ;)

Did you mean a vehicle title document? I thought maybe you were referring to the title of the post. It has a clear title BTW.
I had two bikes on my mind when I asked about title. The paint job, which I love, had me confused with another. I'm sorry for the silly question.

Glad you'll be able to enjoy the bike in the move West. These Euro 500s really have my interest. Watching all the classifieds closely. But I still need to finish and flip the other XR400 I'm working on.

I had two bikes on my mind when I asked about title. The paint job, which I love, had me confused with another. I'm sorry for the silly question.

Glad you'll be able to enjoy the bike in the move West. These Euro 500s really have my interest. Watching all the classifieds closely. But I still need to finish and flip the other XR400 I'm working on.
No worries. Thanks for your interest. Good luck with the XR!

Back