• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Sale: '84 Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4 4 speed PROJECT (Irving)

Led Duck

4 wheels good, 2 wheels better
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
If any of y'all are brave enough to tackle this junk heap I've had for a couple years... :lol2:

Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/cv0Lk7s

I've lost interest in my long term project to make a decent street/trail rig out of this Bronco.

I don't need to sell, so just putting feelers out.

Parts value definitely exceeds vehicle value. Paint is mostly shot, body has some bondo (rust in normal Bronco spots), interior is poor. Current tires are only there to keep it code compliant :)

It has the venerable 4.9/300 I6 and a T18 four speed with an NP208 transfer case.

Brand new Davis Unified Ignition HEI distributor installed a few months ago, YF carburetor rebuilt by Mr Gasket, recent battery sitting on a tender 24/7, new gas tank installed two years ago with fuel pump sender, new mechanical fuel pump, junkyard fresh front seatbelts (PO cut them out ???, rear bench has no belts), red vinyl floor (reg cab F150 size), decent tan door panels, set of 16" Alcoa wheels from the '90s Broncos, used Rancho shocks (none currently fitted on rear axle), tons of other spare parts NIB for suspension, new headlights/bulbs, motor mounts, etc.

It has a Ford 9" swapped in the back from a '70s F150, I believe 3.08 gears. Front TTB diff is stock 3.00

It does run, however, the carb is currently removed. Most pressing issue is the wiring harness. Last time it ran (couple months back), the stater solenoid arced off the fender (hence the cardboard). There's been a lot of hack job work done and a friend experienced in electrical work has corrected some, but I don't have the time or interest to finish sorting it out.

You will need to bring a trailer :giveup:

I'm asking $1500, but if it sells here, I'll donate a $50 to TWT and am definitely more negotiable to the TWT crowd.

Not really interested in trades, but will consider higher end AKs, HK pistols/rifles or Sig P22* series pistols, or ammo (prefer 7.62x51, .357 Sig/.40 S&W, 5.56x45).

Although, I'd consider an XR250R with a plate or maybe an oilhead BMW RT plus cash :rider:

Last edited:
I’m incredulous, no one wants my junk! :rofl:

#twss

I want your junk, just dont have any money. Broncos are cool just ask OJ. I didnt even know they came with that straight 6 that makes it even cooler.

I want your junk, I just don't have the money or the time or the room for another project.

I don't want your junk like the others do, but I do wish Ford would bring back the Bronco. I did like the late 70s broncos that were part-time 4WD and I think some were a permanent 4WD. Removable tops were a blast too.

I don't want your junk like the others do, but I do wish Ford would bring back the Bronco. I did like the late 70s broncos that were part-time 4WD and I think some were a permanent 4WD. Removable tops were a blast too.

Um, get your $$$ together because it's almost here. If you need to see a promo video of it go watch the new movie "Rampage" for gratuitous product placement. :rofl:

Like Gixxerjasen said, there’s one coming soon. Doubtful on the removable hardtop, 99% sure it’s a not solid front axle. Keep your expectations low for the new one is what I’m hearing, sadly. I hope I’m wrong though.

why are we not using 'phrasing' anymore???
so many opportunities wasted...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m definitely doing phrasing lol

#twss = that’s what she said :trust:

Cant make them where they will roll over anymore, gotta be safe for dingdongs too.

The new Bronco is F150 based, but they are also bringing back the BroncoII sized crossover that will be based on the Focus chassis.

Neither of these sound "Bronco worthy" to me.

The new Bronco is F150 based
Makes sense for cost reasons. Can build it on the same line with the same parts. If it won't have a removable top, I'm just not interested either.

but they are also bringing back the Bronco II sized crossover that will be based on the Focus chassis.
:puke: Yeah, that'll sell...

Focus and bronco should never be used in the same sentence. I guess you can just not both as nouns. Not sure who Ford is designing for. It sure isn't me.
The new Bronco is F150 based, but they are also bringing back the BroncoII sized crossover that will be based on the Focus chassis.

Neither of these sound "Bronco worthy" to me.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I’m buying parts car for another project car this week and this is still available. I’m afflicted with too much crap-itis. Come help me out and take this off my hands...or trade me your gun crap :mrgreen:

Not that anyone is asking, but this glorious mullet mobile is still around.

Open to a lot more trades at this point, but guns and ammo are still number 1.

The post has expired.

Would like to see a few pics ...

Good point! Added link to album for pics on top post.

Any rust? The back cover always seemed to leak at the seam on my previous FS Broncos.

My last one was a 93 and I loved it. Hated to get rid of it.

Yeah, that rear tailgate is notorious. I swear they rust in dry storage.

Mine is rusted at the bottom of the tailgate and a bit at the bottom of the fenders at the rockers. There’s two quarter sized holes in the cab floor. I think the a pillar on the driver’s side has some rust too. Frame is solid though.

I’m getting to the point where I farm out the job of resurrecting it to a shop since I’ve run out of time and motivation hah. Any recommendations?

Worked with a guy who had a 68 GTX body restored in Arlington.
Looks perfect.

Metal Rehab Technology

Took almost a year and was a big check.

Not sure that is the level you are looking for.

Last edited:
Yeah, if I take it to a shop, I just want some help sorting the electrical gremlins and geting it sorta reliable. Cosmetic stuff I’ll handle.

O I C

Not familiar with shops in the metro-mess.

Back