• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: For Sale/Trade (feeler): 2012 Tiger 800 XC (with over $4k in mods)

Year: 2012
Model: Tiger 800 XC ABS
Mileage: ~14,000+ miles
Price: $7,500

Hello,

Putting up for sale my 2012 Tiger 800 XC (ABS ) to see if there is any interest as I'm thinking of switching to a KTM (2012-2013 990 Adventure R)

I'm the 3rd owner (bought from a local rider who had it from a bit over 1k miles), bought it at ~10k miles and performed thorough maintenance on the bike since as well as upgraded it with the most of the parts in the list below:

The bike is in excellent condition, no issues. I will be taking it to a mechanic in the next week for upcoming maintenance and a full checkup to re-confirm clean bill of health.

Tires:
Front: About 30% left, maybe 1-2k miles?
Rear: About 60-70% left, at least 5k miles

Attaching photos (from the last 4-6 months) of bike I currently have on my phone, however, will take the bike out in the coming weekend for a cleaning and detailed photos.

EkrOeWkh.jpg

Yv4TdhQh.jpg

E2mmg0Ih.jpg

OK8Wpruh.jpg

GwpncE2h.jpg

8bpBr7Sh.jpg

xjVCACqh.jpg

h13ISbAh.jpg

6wvRosHh.jpg

QlWpWUfh.jpg

6kxW4j5h.jpg

Ul6xXBMh.jpg

wNZnULuh.jpg

SeZ6Hy6h.jpg

IWAaTGfh.jpg

58clZQTh.jpg

fo3FNgAh.jpg

gmlg8wih.jpg

cuSSMAwh.jpg

YWrJr7Gh.jpg

8v9sHJsh.jpg

cQjsofKh.jpg

Last edited:
Good deal, but the seller may soon experience sellers remorse after buying the KTM.

But I am biased. Still loving my 13 800XC.
Thanks Drunk Uncle!

You know what, you are probably right... That's why I put it out as a feeler to see what it will fetch, definitely not in a rush to sell is as I'm enjoying the **** out of it so far!

I do like to try out different bikes though, and living in an apartment complex, I dont have space for more than one at a time so I'm forced to sell my bike if I want to try out another... Luckily there is no shortage of solid bikes for sale, so I can get another one in the future.

In the meantime look at this beast!

1548869287654.png

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
The 990 is definitely a fun ride! The first time you rip into a good corner, be prepared to have to hold it on its line. It is not a big deal and they handle great, but if you are used to a more neutral feel in corners (like a BMW GS), it could be slightly disconcerting for a moment or two. Also, when you pass through 5K RPM, make sure you have a GOOD grip on the bars! :trust:

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Thanks Drunk Uncle!

You know what, you are probably right... That's why I put it out as a feeler to see what it will fetch, definitely not in a rush to sell is as I'm enjoying the **** out of it so far!

I do like to try out different bikes though, and living in an apartment complex, I dont have space for more than one at a time so I'm forced to sell my bike if I want to try out another... Luckily there is no shortage of solid bikes for sale, so I can get another one in the future.

In the meantime look at this beast!

View attachment 206806
You find one like this? I loved that model.

First Name
David
Last Name
Hogate
That's a lot of nice photo's and good description of your add on's. Being 6'4" I've always liked these bikes, just haven't seemed to pull the trigger to upgrade from my DR650SE. If I can sell my BMW this spring I may decide it's time to finally get an 800 XC and put the DR up for sale. Good luck on deciding what you want! Myself and some other friends I know are in the same boat you are... keep the bike we have or sell and get something else.

When selling a bike you pretty much eat the value of your upgrades/farkles which makes it hard to sell when you've invested so much in them but they don't necessarily raise the value of the bike as much as we would like them to. I do like the Wolfman racks as I have the soft side bags already (in black) which would fit right on there so that would be a plus for me. The bar risers too as I have a lower back problem. So if I were to be interested I'd have to at least sell the K1200GT and be willing to finally part with the Suzuki, which I could easily do if I were to see this bike up close. I get weak in the knees when I see 800 XC's in person. All my Austin friends would want me to get one! :trust:

That's a lot of nice photo's and good description of your add on's. Being 6'4" I've always liked these bikes, just haven't seemed to pull the trigger to upgrade from my DR650SE. If I can sell my BMW this spring I may decide it's time to finally get an 800 XC and put the DR up for sale. Good luck on deciding what you want! Myself and some other friends I know are in the same boat you are... keep the bike we have or sell and get something else.

When selling a bike you pretty much eat the value of your upgrades/farkles which makes it hard to sell when you've invested so much in them but they don't necessarily raise the value of the bike as much as we would like them to. I do like the Wolfman racks as I have the soft side bags already (in black) which would fit right on there so that would be a plus for me. The bar risers too as I have a lower back problem. So if I were to be interested I'd have to at least sell the K1200GT and be willing to finally part with the Suzuki, which I could easily do if I were to see this bike up close. I get weak in the knees when I see 800 XC's in person. All my Austin friends would want me to get one! :trust:
Hey there! Thanks on the complement on the photos!

Myself being 6,2" and change, I just about touch the floor with both of my feet comfortably, so at 6,4 it should be a very good fit, I think.

Definitely agree about the mods and their value, that's why I marked up the price of the bike by a small fraction of the actual value of the modifications. Besides, I will most likely be buying a used KTM which will already have most of the farkles I need, so thats a wash.

Let me know if you decide to sell you bikes, happy to show it to you!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
but until I free up the cash I cant get a 2nd bike :(
That is always my problem. By the time I get the first bike sold, the deal I want is gone. So I am faced with just selling the bike I have, then sitting around for who knows how long hoping the deal I want comes along...

What typically happens is that I see the SWEET deal and I'm just not able to jump on it before someone else does... :tears:

There are a few KTM 500s for sale on the site right now that are screaming my name!!! But my 530 is sitting in the garage waiting for some much needed love before I can sell it with a clear conscience.

Huh, I am 5’8” with The Touratech spring kit slightly raising the bike and do just fine. Yes my toes touch the ground. But that is all I need. The spring kit makes landing a jump sweet like a trophy truck.