• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For you "Cheeseburger" riders, Stubblefield bridge

I just spoke with an engineering tech with the Forest Service but he was in a windy location and I couldn't understand all he said. Apparently after the bridge contract was let, Trans Dept. changed the recipe for asphalt roads to something more environmentally friendly and very few contractors are approved (or capable?) to lay it at this time. He said they hoped to open the bridge this July but realistically thinks it will be sometime in August.

FB_IMG_1626312242832.jpg
Cheeseburger casualty from just wearing a jersey. They say he's fine and will be back out. I've snuck out in jersey only, might need to rethink that.

As have I. I rethought it a long time ago and stick with a jacket 99% of the time. Only occasionally do I skip it for a local run to the store with just helmet and gloves.

I'm leading a group of Jeeps on the loop, the 25th anyone ridden it recently?

It's a good looking replacement. What a long time inconvenience for those that live there.

Maybe it's job security, drag it out as long as possible!

How much concrete are they planning on laying down? I hope they're not planning on turning the place into a concrete jungle.

Construction on the Stubblefield Lake Bridge replacement on Stubblefield Lake Road in the National Forest and Grasslands in Texas, Sam Houston National Forest is almost completed. The bridge approaches are being paved, and the final punch list items are being completed.
Construction on the new bridge began in October 2020 and includes pedestrian walkways on both sides and a boat ramp.
The construction area remains marked with signs, and locations around the construction site are still closed for safety. This includes areas near the bridge, bridge road approaches, and boat ramp.
The bridge was damaged in 2017 by floodwaters from Hurricane Harvey.
For more information, visit our website: www.fs.usda.gov/texas.
248360739_3064540970491439_5506210173227900369_n.jpg

Back