• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Forma Adventure Low Boots

Monica

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Today I received my new Forma Adventure Low Boots. This thread will be my running review of them. When I first Googled these I didn't find enough practical reviews and pictures of the boots in the wild and being worn, or compared with other boots for perspective on size and features. Yes there are a few youtubes and short articles and those were helpful, but I'm just adding more cause I was left wanting more than mostly the canned stock photo from vendors selling these boots on their websites. I hope my thread is practical and relatable for anyone else who may be doing their pre-purchase research. These boots are meant to bridge the gap in my gear between my Sidi street boots and my Fox Comp5 MX boots.

Before I get started, big shout out to the FedEx guy who stashed my box out of sight from the street to help ensure my boots stayed mine until I got home. I was so excited to get them today and they were delivered mid-morning. I worried someone would steal my package before I got home.

Ok, picking them out pre-purchase....I couldn't decide on the color and the size. Brown or Black? The Brown look great, but they don't match my gear. Black it was. For size, 39 (my street boot Sidi size) or 40 (my MX boot Fox Comp5 size)? I chose 39.

I pulled these out of the box. First impression was they look great and smell great (love leather). Slipping them on the 39 is a hair snug on my left foot (my toes can barely feel the toe box) and I would have been fine going with the 40 like Atomic Moto chart said. My foot measured 245mm. I should have gone with the full +20mm recommendation to get the size 40 (265 mm) instead of the 39 (260mm). I was concerned the 40s would have erred too big. But I think they would have been fine. I think anyone choosing Forma boots should be confident in Atomic Motos recommendation chart. Overall the 39s fit like my Sidis and my Vasque hiking boots, and those both have a lot of use and broke in well. I'm not worried going forward.

The boots look great. Black was definitely the right color. I like the height of the boot shaft compared to my MX boots. They don't put as much pressure on my knees with the geometry they force my legs to be in. The sole is stiff, similar to my hiking boots, but not as stiff as MX boots. But they still feel tough that they'd protect my feet The buckles are really easy to use (especially one handed), and the velcro closure is nice to keep the boot together while putting the straps on. When closing the boot with the velcro be sure to strap it even with the top of the shank. If you try to wrap it tight around your shin it will put the velcro flap at an angle and pull the top of the boot on your shin and dig into it with pressure. You don't need to wrap the velcro tight, just closed. Use the buckle for the tight wrap on your ankle. The lug sole looks like it will be grabby. Similar to my hiking boots. I'd be confident to have traction in wet, rocky and muddy conditions. I like my boots to have tread, I've eaten the ground too many times in slick sole boots on wet surfaces.

I'm wearing the boots now, breaking them in as much as I can around the house. I might wear them tomorrow since I'll be in class in training all day, I think I can get away with wearing them. Normally I wear Bates boots.

Attached are pics of the boots themselves. Next posts will have them compared to my other boots.

Attachments

• Boots1.jpg
    Boots1.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 2,052
  • Boots2.jpg
    Boots2.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 1,751
  • Boots3.jpg
    Boots3.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 886
  • Boots4.jpg
    Boots4.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 2,541
Last edited:
You will like them I have the brown and i have had them going on three years ,it will not take you long to break them in and they are a wear all day boot a least for me they are. You just have to be mindful of how deep the water is because there are short and they do take awhile to dry out if they get wet.

Aaron

Shots of my Bates, my street Sidis and the Forma AdvLows. You can see shank height comps and sole tread. The Sidis I've had since '07, that's a long time and done all my lifetime riding miles. Bates are my work boots, worn about 4 years now.

Also my Vasque hiking boots and the Forma AdvLows. Shows how similar to a hiking boot they are. I've hiked a lot in these Vasque, used them for the last 3years. They've hiked A LOT of miles in Texas including to the top of Guadalupe Peak. If these Formas are half the boot the Vasque have been, giving me the life and performace for what I'm doing with them, I'll have gotten my money's worth and I'll be a happy camper, literally.

Attachments

• SidiFormaBates1.jpg
    SidiFormaBates1.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 729
  • SidiFormaBates2.jpg
    SidiFormaBates2.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 1,097
  • SidiFormaBates3.jpg
    SidiFormaBates3.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 495
  • VasqueForma1.jpg
    VasqueForma1.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 504
  • VasqueForma2.jpg
    VasqueForma2.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 1,606
  • VasqueForma3.jpg
    VasqueForma3.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,185
  • VasqueForma4.jpg
    VasqueForma4.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 1,350
You will like them I have the brown and i have had them going on three years ,it will not take you long to break them in and they are a wear all day boot a least for me they are. You just have to be mindful of how deep the water is because there are short and they do take awhile to dry out if they get wet.

Aaron

Cool I'm looking forward to them. Will do about the height/water depth.

Lol. And they're feeling like comfortable shoes this morning. Wore them to training today. Was interesting driving in new boots, but helps learn their feel. Hopefully I'm not dying at the end of the day. Not walking around much but hopefully no weird hot or sore spots.

Attachments

• 20190307_073100.jpg
    20190307_073100.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 1,962
I have the same boots and I do like them.

The only downside I've noted is the sole lugs.
They are very grabby on adventure/enduro spikey pegs.

I've gone to put my foot down a couple times and the spikes on the pegs caught one of the boot lugs.
My foot didn't go down like I had anticipated. A couple tense moments.
Takes some getting used to.

But I do like them.

Anxious to see how they feel in the heat. I do wear roper style boots a lot during the summer.

I've gone to put my foot down a couple times and the spikes on the pegs caught one of the boot lugs.

But I do like them.

Anxious to see how they feel in the heat. I do wear roper style boots a lot during the summer.

I have that problem too when riding on the street with them, in the dirt i ride on my ball of my foot and toes so no real issue just takes time to get use too and after almost 3 years they still catch on serrated pegs the soles wear good.

Aaron

Boots today worked fine today. Sat a lot, walked a little, they felt good when walking, rolled easy on the ground. I think these will break in just fine. I did loosen up the top buckle a little bit and I think I liked them better that way. Felt more slip-on boot-ish. Of course on the bike that will translate into less upper support. So, give some, take some.

But I do like them.

I can see how they'd catch easy on pegs. I imagine I will probably do that a time or two as well. Hopefully won't end in anything embarassing or painful. I am curious how they will do in the heat as well. Leather boots sure do get hot in the summer. Usually if I'm not in flip flops I'm in my work boots and sometimes I have to take them off in order to cool off when I'm working outside. We shall see.

you got the ankle support regardless of tight or loose. its there and even at minimum thats all it takes unless its just a horrendous impact such as a "JT" style impact. Glad they are working out. i went thru 3 different pairs of internet return and exchange from different retailers untill i finally found mine that are waterproof which i love, and are wide style which are hard to find. they are the same kind/style you have that you call sedici but are branded as tourmaster with "outdry" (were about $175 ish or something, no regrets). those forma are top of the line and i know you paid for them too. i looked at them too but couldnt find the wide variety.

There is a sale on these boots on eBay $150.00 they are gray, others on another forum have ordered and pleased with what they received, I went ahead and ordered but I have not received them yet. Here is the link.

Had a quiet alone-time 3am FM roads ride this morning. I am impressed by these boots. As always with new boots, I was concerned 1. shifting and 2. tactile feel of the bike, ground, etc. But I found myself not having to think much while riding in them for the first time. They fit under the shift level easier than my MX boots, almost as easy as my work or street boots. The lower shank height gave me the ability to articulate my ankle to click the shifter. The boots did not feel clunky or Fred Flinstone-like. The sole was good and secure. Road was a little wet but I never worried about the sole of my boot slipping or doing anything weird underneath me. They also didn't hurt my knees (the lower height allows my legs to be in a natural position instead of "splinted" in the MX boots). For the soles grabbing the pegs, I did feel them grab a few times coming up to lights. It made me aware that I had to lift my foot off the peg to set it down. No scary momets or close calls though. It'll have to be a every ride kind of remember I imagine.

Overall these boots have been easy to wear and easy to integrate as a new pair. I wore them to work and training several days this week. Sitting all day they are comfy. Standing all day my soles got a little hot from pressure, I'm going to swap out the inner liner for my normal arch support liner that I wear in all my other shoes and see how that goes.

If you don't need a tall pair of boots for your lighter riding, I highly recommend these for comfort yet still protecting your foot. I'm a huge boot fan, I like wearing work boots casually and these make me feel like I'm wearing boots but I can go hop on the bike and ride whenever and not worry about having improper footwear on.

If I was needing a tall pair of boots I would be looking at their regular Adventure boots.

There is a sale on these boots on eBay $150.00 they are gray, others on another forum have ordered and pleased with what they received, I went ahead and ordered but I have not received them yet. Here is the link.

I'm interested in how they work out Is Forma selling seconds? They knockoffs? (or who is the seller?) Maybe the blacks that didn't get dyed all the way?

Last edited:
I have the Forma Adventure Low in black. I don't really use them for true off-road riding but mostly for long-distance protection. I found them to be be comfortable from the beginning however my friend said they bothered his shins and returned them, so your mileage may vary. I did a 1600 mile trip to Alabama in pretty hot weather. They stayed comfortable throughout the trip and were easy to hike around in once I was there.

Monica, did you happen to compare the Forma Terra Evos to the boots you bought? I'm looking at both, but can't make up my mind. I ride on road to get to the trails I frequent. Thanks for the great review.

Monica, did you happen to compare the Forma Terra Evos to the boots you bought? I'm looking at both, but can't make up my mind. I ride on road to get to the trails I frequent. Thanks for the great review.
I did not compare to the Terra Evos but to the Gaerne G All Terrains which are similar. The feature I was unsure of was the gum sole being too flexible.. Wthout feeling them I didn't want to end up with a boot sole that was too thin or flexy that would quickly deteriorate or become flimsy with use, especially on my IMS pegs. But that was my imagination of that type of sole from experiences long ago with casual leather hiking boots. It is probably an unfair an inaccurate comparison, tech and manf and definitely purpose is light years difference. For the reviews I did see of the Gaerne's, they were very positive, particlarly about the comfort level. Knowing what I expected and know of hiking boots, the Formas were already "relateable" so felt like I was taking less of a risk with what I'd get. And that is what I've gotten so far.

Thanks for the reply. I might try the Terra Evos because I like being able to re-sole them. I bet the leather will last for several re-soles.

First camp 'n ride weekend in these boots and have to say, they feel like my favorite pair of worn out jeans - they are really comfortable. Running around camp, they were comfy and not clunky. They were more comfortable than my running shoes I arrived in, when I switched out, I was like "Ahhhh,". For the ~150-160mi day, had no issues shifting, braking or getting my soles stuck in the pegs (I think I learned to pick up my feet instead of slide). We hit some very cold windy weather this trip and my feet stayed comfortable, my toes did not get cold. I was only wearing a pair of mx socks. At the end of the day my socks were sweaty (ewww gross), and same today for the trip home after loading out and driving in a warm, heated truck. As cold as it was outside, I expect them to be warm in the summer. I shall see.

Thumbs up for these boots.

Back