• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fort Hood area trails?

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Cooper
Hi - I'm looking for recommendations for paved and non-paved trails in the Ft Hood area. I've been up there a million times, but usually riding in a Hummvee!

Thanks!

giphy.gif
Maybe not such a good place to ride :eek::biggun:

Its not recommended to ride on Ft Hood any more.... I do kno of at least 1 local who was still riding there on a limited basis about 5 years ago tho.

There are lots of county roads in the area near Ft Hood...most in Bell & Coryell Co are paved...but a few arent in Lampasas Co.
Mills is almost all gravel Co roads

Call the fort hood sportsmen center. Ask if the trails at Turkey run and clear creek are still open.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190223-060717_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20190223-060717_Maps.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot_20190223-060733_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20190223-060733_Maps.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 243
Welcome to Texas. Where public riding areas are practically non existent and most of the "adv" riding is gravel county roads. Good luck with your search.

Tell me about it Downs. After two years in Arizona and three in Alaska, moving back to Texas has been a little rough getting used to.

Back