• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fort Worth to Hyder Alaska June 14-30 2019

Glad to hear you are healing up. Hope you don't need rotater cuff surgery. The bike can be replaced but our bodies take some extra time and attention and physical therepy is never fun. Will pray for specific healing of both the back and arm right now.

Update on this weeks events.
I received the call on Tuesday from Allstate that my bike is a total loss. I figured it would be and that is actually another blessing for me at this time. They gave me a fair pay out that I will most likely use to buy an MRI machine. That being said @Jarrett and @ misterK I have a shop manual, a new set of brake pads and a couple DCT oil filters I will no longer need.
On Wednesday I had an appointment with the Orthopedic DR to review my rotator cuff MRI pictures. I do in fact have a 2CM rotator cuff tear in my left shoulder but of the 28CM that is still attached and healthy it can heal on its own with some physical therapy. So great news is no rotator cuff surgery!
On Friday I met with the back DR and he is now convinced that my left arm weakness is caused by some C5 nerve damage. After reviewing the back and neck MRI’s he has decided to proceed with some steroids and aggressive physical therapy for the next 3 weeks. He told me to quit wearing the back brace I was given at the hospital and to concentrate on the Physical Therapy that I will start on Monday.
I am feeling much better and sleeping a little longer at night. Still having a little trouble pulling my baggy pants all the way up and tying my shoes but I expect to overcome that after a couple weeks of PT.
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers! They are working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that sounds like good news. Will keep praying for a fast, full recovery. Don't let em tear the shoulder further with the PT! Sometimes they don't get all the data before they go to town on you and work on one thing but screw something else up. Happened in our family is why I say be careful with them.

@Jarrett if I were you I would ride to Salt Lake City and swap out your seat with joes @dosxx : that Russel day long is like having angles hands holding you rear end

@Jarrett if I were you I would ride to Salt Lake City and swap out your seat with joes @dosxx : that Russel day long is like having angles hands holding you rear end
I think that seat is a bit TOO comfortable. Between not having to shift and a super comfortable seat....you can almost ride it asleep...almost. :)

Back