• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Forum traffic down?

Just as an FYI, the actual amount of traffic on TWT is not down. I watch the numbers regarding how many people log in and it seems to stay pretty consistent month to month. This has been the case for a very long time. There have always been people that join, get active for a while, then fade away. Then there are those that join and never go away, even if I might wish they would :-P Some of those that fade away come back, having left because of changes in life's circumstances. For a long time we have been running at about 700 +/- unique members actually logging into their accounts at least once every seven days. The average number of threads and posts per day has been pretty consistent since Jan 01 of this year. The number of new registrations hovers around 2-3/day on average.

1631612352723.png

Ya know I'm kinda starting to look like the two of them :lol2:

Well I did yell at kid "hey you GET OFF MY LAWN" last week :lol2:
Lol. Where i live if i saw someone on my acreage the first thing they would hear is a riffle round into the ground. Im not wasting my voice or energy.
I dont tolerate poachers or wanderers coming in and fishing my tanks etc. All my neighbors are good people and feel the same way and we watch out for each other but its growing up a lot around here.

Lol. Where i live if i saw someone on my acreage the first thing they would hear is a riffle round into the ground. Im not wasting my voice or energy.
I dont tolerate poachers or wanderers coming in and fishing my tanks etc. All my neighbors are good people and feel the same way and we watch out for each other but its growing up a lot around here.

You must be a wealthy man. I can't afford to waste ammo like that!

It appears to me since Tapatalk was dropped the forum has slowed down quite a bit. I know my postings and visits have slowed down.

Individual and unique account log in numbers don't equate to content posting, right?

Last edited:
Just as an FYI, the actual amount of traffic on TWT is not down. I watch the numbers regarding how many people log in and it seems to stay pretty consistent month to month.

It'd be nice to see the numbers for new content and not just drive thrus

I was Race Director for the CMRA for several years and I kept up with the number of riders that went through the rider's school each year. It was a substantial number compared to the number of active racers at that time. At the start of every race season, I was surprised at how low the turn out was for the first race of the year.

What years were you Director?
Late '80s and early 90s. Colin Edwards had just started when I resigned. John Tauzin, Terry Exum, and another racer all died during my tenure. I went back to just being a racer. It's awful that I can't remember the other racer's name, but that's what 73 years will do to one's memory.

Scott, I think a lot of riders don't post because of the anticipation of politics taking over their posts. I probably post more than most and enjoy sharing my trips with TWT, but several trips have not ended up being posted for that very reason. Example: I went on a ride to Kentucky earlier this year and the highlight was seeing a full scale version of Noah's ark. I didn't post because of the polarizing affect of religion. I don't understand the hatred that is apparent coming from riders that have never met the original poster. People, especially on anonymous social media, seem to be pouncing on any idea that doesn't agree with their view of how things ought to be. They will post things that they would never say in person, even to a stranger. I think many have forgotten that the constitution starts with, "We the people," not "Me and the people that agree with me."

Late '80s and early 90s. Colin Edwards had just started when I resigned. John Tauzin, Terry Exum, and another racer all died during my tenure. I went back to just being a racer. It's awful that I can't remember the other racer's name, but that's what 73 years will do to one's memory.
Wow! I raced from '87 thru '91. I think a couple of those guys were in my Rider's School class. I'm sure you and I crossed paths many times, but I've had a few concussions since then.

Last edited:
Wow! I raced from '87 thru '91. I think a couple of those guys were in my certification class. I'm sure we crossed paths many times, but I've had a few concussions since then.
I was your race director for most of your career. Charles Brothers was my rider's school instructor. John Hodgkiss was assistant race director. Bob Stallings was my tech inspector. Scott Schafer was my starter. TWT member, Sanderjavant, allowed his parents to work in registration, merchandise sales and as track announcer while he and his brother Seth were on the race track. Joe Avant took over track control when John Evans left the club. We bought radios for corner workers just before I became race director so we could allow people without CB radios to be corner workers. I'm feeling old.

Back