• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[FOUND] Looking for something...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
I'm looking for something I don't even know if it exists.... ugh.

At work we've got a video camera setup and the speakers who are recorded about 50' away wanted some sort of light or identifier for what camera was live so they could look at it. Since this is in a static environment for the most part, I was thinking something simple like a little red cube LED, battery operated which simply mounts on the hotshoe. But man my google is running weak on this one. I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. LumeCube has something but it's $90 bucks! I was thinking like $10-15. lol

Anybody know if something like this exists? Today I just hung a cylume light stick below the lens. :-)

Thanks! A "Tally Light" would be the proper name, but man - expensive.

I found this and figured I'd give it a try......
You gotta remember that with proper tally lights most of the money that goes into them is for the networking and interfacing to turn them off and on when the camera goes live.

As long as you have a good way of switching the lights on and off then it looks like you will be set.

Yeah, I figured that part out. Had no idea how it worked.
I think this little cube will be a decent solution until we figure out if the speaker actually will look at it. And it's no real effort to turn it on prior to their speaking, then off afterwards.

Thanks for your help and lesson in these things!

Back