• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Found - Wanted: Beater KLR for a Big Bend trip

Re: Wanted: Beater KLR for a Big Bend trip

Thanks, gents, I appreciate the tipoffs!

It's alive!

New battery and fresh gas and it lit right off. Float's stuck so it's hemorraging fuel, I'll deal with that tomorrow.

Carb is clean, wow was it ever funky inside!

Bike's running good now, blowing a little oil out of the breather, I think it might just be overfilled. I'll change the oil and filter and make sure the level is correct tomorrow.

Here's what was inside the carb:

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

For the record, both KLR's ran the jeep trails and roads around Terlingua and the parks all week without missing a beat. We had one flat on the front of the black bike (the only tire I didn't change before the trip) and that was pretty much all the mechanical trouble we had.

Gravity, on the other hand, is a b**ch...

My brother and I went earlier this year. It was my first time off road. Gosh I hate sand :) How was the weather? Seems like this time of year it's hit or miss 80 one day 95 the next

There was a pretty big rain the first night we were there, it messed the trails up for a day or two. Other than that the weather was perfect, sunny and clear but a little hot in the afternoons.

Back