• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Found

Adan

Reaction score
Does anyone have or has seen a 2013 FJR or 2013 Tiger Explorer for sale in Texas?

2013-yamaha-fjr-1300-1.jpg

Triumph-Tiger-Explorer-XC-13-1360x765.jpg

Last edited:
Had a 13 fjr and loved the color and the bike.

Are you aware of the cruise control 80 mph limit on that one year? Was raised the following year. Drove me NUTS

Had a 13 fjr and loved the color and the bike.

Are you aware of the cruise control 80 mph limit on that one year? Was raised the following year. Drove me NUTS

I did read that somewhere; I don't believe I have set cruise control any higher than that, car or bike. Certainly would rather not have the limit there, but the color and updates this model year are hard to beat.

Last edited:
Pretty strange specific year and model choice there.

Indeed; love the paint scheme, and the Gen 3 updates on the FJR. Both are at the price point I need to be at, and top of their class so to speak.

Never hurts to ask ;)

I had an 04 FJR from 04 to 13 and absolutely loved the bike but when I went to the Dallas motorcycle show and saw the '13 color, upgrades and cruise I knew I was going to upgrade. Personally it's my favorite color for the bike but I know not everyone loves it.

If I'm cruising down the highway it will never be below 80mph and if there's any traffic I prefer not to be on cruise, so in the end I almost never used it. I added electronic cruise on my current KTM 1190 and use it regularly on longer trips. It doesn't work as beautifully as the FJR by any means but is very adequate. If you're not go to use it above 80 then you'll absolutely love the bike, otherwise you'll need to research Jason's $$$ fix or you'll be upgrading to a newer year.

Very best of luck to you. Whichever FJR you get you're going to love.

$$$ is buy the ECU for a '14 and swap them out. One member of the FJR community bit the bullet and bought one and tried it and supposedly worked perfectly.

About a 2 day ride! Cake on the FJR.

Man, when I see the pic of that 13 is kind of makes me want to get another one. That is such a classy sexy bike. My wife was pissed when I sold 'her bike'.

$$$ is buy the ECU for a '14 and swap them out. One member of the FJR community bit the bullet and bought one and tried it and supposedly worked perfectly.

I was on the FJR Forum for years and a bunch of us contacted Yamaha US to see about getting our 2013 ECU's flashed with either the 14 map or at least an update that would remove the limit. It really left a sour taste in my mouth that they didn't offer this simple service, even at a fee.

Man, when I see the pic of that 13 is kind of makes me want to get another one. That is such a classy sexy bike. My wife was pissed when I sold 'her bike'.
I had an ‘05 also..faster, but not nearly as refined, definitely draws a different crowd. I’ve had many bikes..by far, this one is the “nicest”.

About a 2 day ride! Cake on the FJR.

It sold late yesterday.....

2013 FJR1300.JPG

But KTIM has one that I may take off his hands :rider:

I saw a 13 on Craigslist last night also!

I have a 2013 Tiger Explorer. Well maintained and farkled. Has a little under 23,000 miles. Gray in color with alloy wheels. Currently have 2 other bikes in addition to the Explorer and have been considering selling.

If interested, let me know and will send you more information and photos. I live about an hour west of Austin.

Matt

Back