• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want to Buy Found

Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
All parts found on e-bay for decent price.

So just wondering if anyone here has a set of OEM GL1500 foot pegs, shifter and brake pedal.
The GL1500 I just bought came with floor boards and a heel toe shifter and elevated rear brake pedal, and I just don't like it. I feel like I am always having to move my feet around to do stuff.
If I was doing only long distance, it might be OK, but for around town, not for me. I get a cramp in my left leg from having to angle my leg to upshift (I can't rest my foot flat on the control, I can't push down far enough). Even adjusted all the way forward (getting the heel as high as possible) it still a no go for me.
I had lower the controls to the lower position, and it helped a little, and had hoped installing the shifter shaft pivot would solve it, but it did not. It did take most of the slop out of the shifter, and I can find neutral no problem now, as well as the shifts being crisper, but did not fix the heel toe shifter issue for me.

e-bay pickings are slim (as well as expensive), so hoping someone here has some (or even if it is just part of it it would be fine).

Last edited:
I was planning on calling some salvage yards (used to be one here in Houston and seems one in Katy at one point), but wanted to check here first if anyone had them laying around in their garage.

Have you tried connecting with the local GWRRA or other 'wing groups? Someone with a GL1800 may still have a set of these laying around their garage.

Back