• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Four Bikers and a Monkey

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rebecca
Last Name
Reed
Ok, so the "Fearless Foursome" added a member (the stuffed monkey kind) and figured out that we're not so fearless after all. We won't be bungee jumping, free-falling, or rock climbing. After all, one of us is afraid of heights :oops:

Therefore, our new and improved name is "Four Bikers And A Monkey". We've created a blog, and we're counting down to Saturday morning 3/25 when we depart. No need to wait for us to get back - we'll be posting daily updates with pictures.

Our Mission:
...heading west so that others may live vicariously through our trials and tribulations while on an unpredictable motorcycle camping journey.

57 hours and counting... :rider:

Squeaky said:
57 hours and counting... :rider:
So, are you still planning to swing by the Pie Run place in Kyle on the way out so we can get some "before" pictures? :trust:

Hey Squeaky...my brother are headed to Big Bend on saturday. if you see a couple of 1150GSs (silver and yellow), give us a wave! have a safe trip.

ken

Gilk51 said:
So, are you still planning to swing by the Pie Run place in Kyle on the way out so we can get some "before" pictures? :trust:

No kidding. You should. It couldn't be timed better! :eat:

I doubt we can make the P.R. Hopefully we will be able to sleep the night before & leave out early. :zen: The gang convinced me to lower the bike about an inch so now I can flat foot it. No more scary moments in the gravel. :thumb: The kickstand is okay so there shouldn't be any incidences like I had in Colorado. Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. Think :sun: for us. :rider:

Looking forward to reading about your adventures! Wanna see lots of pictures at P.O.'s the first Tuesday you're all back!!

Have fun and be careful. :wave:

Chatterbox said:
Wanna see lots of pictures at P.O.'s the first Tuesday you're all back!!

Actually you should be able to check our blog & see our pics as we post them. :flip:

I hope you guys stop by the Pie Run on your way to nowhere! With no itenerary, you should be able to easily fit this into your schedule. :mrgreen:

I know I can see them on your blog, but I wanna see YOU! :mrgreen:

Stories and photos are soooo much better in person. ;-)

txmedic said:
I hope you guys stop by the Pie Run on your way to nowhere! With no itenerary, you should be able to easily fit this into your schedule. :mrgreen:
We would like to get out of TX the first day :eek2: but that all depends on how early we can leave & if our bodies can take the beating.:hack:

Chatterbox: I won't be able to make it to P.O.'s until mid-May. I have a Tuesday night obligation until then. You'll have to rely on the guys for the stories. Of course, don't believe everything you hear from them. :phead: Maybe we can get together after we get back since I'm usually in your neck of the woods.

txmedic said:

That's what I keep telling them, but it seems I'm the last one to be listened to when it comes to getting anywhere on time. I have no ability to determine distance or time. Go figure :mrgreen:

The hold up Saturday morning will most certainly be me. I've not been able to weasel my way out of working my full shift (ends at 11pm) Friday night. Rush home, bike already packed, go right to sleep, and hope to get at least 7 hours of rest before attempting 750 miles on day 1! :eek2:

OK, OK! :giveup: I guess I'll just have to wait until we can hook up to see the pictures and hear the stories first hand.

Guess I'll have to hug my monitor, too!! :lol2:

No matter how much he begs, DON'T let the monkey drive.

Looking forward to the ride reports. Stay Safe.

As this gets closer I wanted to wish y'all a very safe trip, or as my mother used to tell me as I was headed out the door:
' Be careful and have a good time'

Of course my reply was always 'Mom, make up your mind'

TexasTri said:
' Be careful and have a good time'

Of course my reply was always 'Mom, make up your mind'

:clap:

Bags are packed (well, mine are anyway :lol2: ) and I just have 8 hours of torture... uh, I mean work... to sit through before I'm FREE! I know I'm going to repeat the following phrase many times while on the road: I don't wanna go back to work! :giveup:

Have fun guys. I have three weeks of vaaction next and think I might plan a trip of my own.
Pack the camping, rock climbing gear, and of course skateboard and head out.

Back