• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Free to Good Home--1960's Vintage Wurlitzer Organ

drfood

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Gerdes
My parents have a 1960's vintage Wurlitzer Percussion Organ in their living room that needs to go. I don't know the exact model, but if there is any interest I can get the details.

It is located in the Sharpstown area of SW Houston. You will need a trailer and muscles to pick it up.

If you're interested please PM me vs posting to the thread.

It is free for the taking.s

It is a Model 4300. I have a photo of the ID plate frm the back of the organ.

If anyone wants it please let me know.

Hmmm. Maybe I can talk the wife into this when she gets back.
And hey! I just gave a guitar to my daughter-in-law. That means I'm short an instrument. Right?
And these are a neat organ anyway.

Well, she's saying "No" but I'm thinking that almost sounds like "Maybe?". :roll:

Well if you can talk her into it my mother would greatly appreciate it being gone. Had a long talk with her today about giving stuff away, she said the sooner the better. She's already started planning how to rearrange furniture between rooms once some items are gone.

And yes, you can never have enough musical instruments in a house.

No Sir. Just the organ.

Time to resurrect this thread.

My dad passed away on Friday afternoon. Honestly the best thing that could happen for my mom. She lived with a lot of crap from him over the past couple of years.

Anyway, she has now tasked me with getting rid of the organ and other items in the house

So, if you or anyone you know might be interested in the organ it is available to pick-up for free. It works. THere are music books. THere is a bench for it. Because it was in and OCD household w/an engineer it is in really good shape.

One caveat. You will need to bring a couple of strong folks to help move it because it's a bit heavy.

So, if you are interested please let me know.

Thanks

Boy, this is tempting, I played the organ up to high school. Brought it with me to Texas, never played it, finally donated it to a Church.

Sorry about your loss Darrell, I know it's often bitter sweet.

Just a thought but have you tried calling a sales and repair shop. They may be interested in something for free and already have the equipment to move it.

Something found from a Google search.

She has made it clear that it needs to go.

Back