• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Free under-counter Wine Fridge (with a catch...)

Jeff S

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
It is NOT this model - but pretty close: https://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-SWC057D1BSS-Counter-Chiller-Stainless/dp/B085M59BRP

It's a "Danby Silhouette" with wood rack shelves and stainless / glass door. It was in the house when we bought it, so I don't know the year. I think it is many years old. And it's yours! All yours! With the following catches:

Come and get it! That's catch #1 - you gotta be here (central Austin) by noon next Wed. Seems to be about 100lb. It'll slide out of the counter easy enough, but bring a dolly or a strong friend.

Catch #2: it's a little funky smelling inside. Hit it with some bleach or give it a good airing out. It's been off for a couple weeks (due to catch 3)...

Catch #3: it's loud. Actually - it was quiet enough for a while, then a fan bearing or something went out. I poked around and looked for part numbers to replace the fan - but nope. I ran out of steam on that.

I betcha someone can tinker a bit, clean a bit, then chill a bit!

Who's wants it?

FYI: I plugged this back in today, and it got cold pretty fast. Fan noise is intermittent, but certainly will need attention for real use..

OK, no one seems to interested, so this'll be heading for the dump...
Shame when a $1000 and 100lb device is rendered garbage by a 0.5 oz fan bearing. But, such is manufacturing and quality control these days, I guess.

Dang, I'd absolutely take this, but I'm not in the US at the moment. So it goes.

Back