• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 7:15 PM

I will probably make it there tonight, and will see if my neighbor is home from work in time to go too. He is brand new to riding, just bought a very lightly used Honda Magna. I have the duty, but my work got pushed from 7:00PM start to a midnight start.

Looks like the threat of rain scared many off. We had 4 tonight. Elzi, Ed, Dail, and myself.

The smooth lines of the ZX11 called out for buttered pecan tonight. It was wonderful night to sit outside.

Janet

Forum Supporter
was torn between riding and icream vs. working on the wife's scooter which then caused me to work on the computer when it locked up accessing the Aprilia service manual... :-(
I got torn between ice cream and bikes and hot wings and beer.

(guess which one won out...:chug: )

was torn between riding and icream vs. working on the wife's scooter which then caused me to work on the computer when it locked up accessing the Aprilia service manual... :-(

Your repair adventures sound more like working on plumbing than on a bike..... Start do do something simple like change a washer and follow the issues until you get to working stuff, then work your way back to the original fix! :doh:

I hope you got the puter and then the bike restored to service.

Last edited:
Your repair adventures sound more like working on plumbing than on a bike..... Start do do something simple like change a washer and follow the issues until you get to working stuff, then work your way back to the original fix! :doh:

I hope you got the puter and then the bike restored to service.
Yeah, it was a washer in the computer. :lol2:
Actually, I tried to add another hard drive last weekend, took the box outside and used the air compressor to blow out enormous amounts of dust and fuzz. I noticed that my two memory modules were not in the right slots to run dual channel, so I changed them. I changed them back last night - I don't think this machine is meant to run any faster. :shrug:

The second drive wasn't successful last weekend because it replaced an ancient disk with Red Hat 9 which also had the boot info for the dual boot. :doh: So, last night I cloned the main drive with ghost so that when I ran fixmbr from the repair console I had a way back. It wasn't needed but now all my photos are on the cloned drive where I wanted them anyway. :zen:

Yeah yeah, I know, too much information (TMI) but I just had to tell ya.

Waiting on parts for the scoot:

The culprit, the $226 Aprilia voltage regulator:

Here is why it is so expensive: :rofl:

We'll see if a Honda CBR volt-reg will hold up...
Scoot has to be ready for the Pie Run next Saturday...

Looks like the threat of rain scared many off. We had 4 tonight. Elzi, Ed, Dail, and myself.

The smooth lines of the ZX11 called out for buttered pecan tonight. It was wonderful night to sit outside.
I kept trying to get there but my Dispatcher kept changing my plans. I did go by there around 9:30pm though on my way home. Nobody still there of course!

Dang I need to retire!!!!:giveup:

Curtis

Am I allowed to attend since I've been blamed for all these crashes?
Yeah - you probably need to present your case... :roll:

If you haven't gotten your camera memory card to read - I might be able to get it to read with one of mine. What kind of memory card is it?

Also, is the USB cable one of those standard tiny end ones, or does Kodak have a special one?

Is this at the same Burger Box that's in the first post? I may attend this one. We'll see how work goes, and how the weather plays into it.
Same one.

They took some pictures a while back but I can't find a web site that has them on it...

It is on the SE corner of Booth-Callaway and Glenview (west extension of Pipeline). That corner has a red light camera - that is where we get all of our entertainment. :roll:

Is this at the same Burger Box that's in the first post? I may attend this one. We'll see how work goes, and how the weather plays into it.
Yup, that's the one.
It was drizzling when I left home, donned rain gear, no rain a mile from home and I sweat like a sauna all the way to the station where the sun was coming up clean and clear but for a few clouds. :/ Sun's bright and shining here in Dallas. But that can change.

See you tonight maybe.

Maybe we can show up for this one? We'll have to do dinner before hand and I'm not gonna convince Marcy to have a Friday dinner at Burger Box.

How bout starting a new thread every week for Fri. night Ice Cream?