• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6:30 PM

Re: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6/8 7:15 PM

Two Aprilias tonight, too!

Nice weather & a double scoop of Blue Bell cures a lot of the week's issues!
:sun:

I kind of like the Burger Box. The burger was good and the ice cream was good.

I had Rocky Road ice cream. Does that mean I should have ridden the KLR tonight?:eek2:

Wow, if you'll make this a regular thing, I guess we'll have a Sat. morning ride to the gym to workout together? :doh:

Actually, I had ice cream tonight too.

If I don't go out of town this weekend, maybe I'll swing by on Friday.

Remember, 6/15 is picture night.

I might suggest Braum's in Grapevine, but I'll be gone this weekend for a two week western journey.. I like the sound of ice cream night. :)

Summers......ice cream...... Oh, Heaven.

'Twould be nice to find ice cream places where we can sit outside. One reason I like BB.

Bumpy

Ice Cream Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a town, far far away,
These are the rides of the
bikes of Tarrant County.

Their continuing mission to
explore strange new places;
to seek out new ice cream,
to boldly go where no rider
has gone before!

It's the Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes!

Burger Box, Glenview Dr., Richland Hills. 7:15 pm

I'd love to meet y'all at the Burger Box, but I'm not up to the stress of the ride down from Denton on a Friday night. It's quite an obstacle course out there on the freeways at this time of day/week. :eek2:

A Sunday ice cream break sounds pretty good though...

I think we are looking to do a little riding to find the best ice cream in North Texas. Denton has been proposed, you can join us there.

Have you folks thought of maybe riding out to Wise County for Ice Cream?
After all, your not gathering until after 7pm, so traffic will have subsided quite a bit by then.

We have a nice Dairy Queen in Rhome, Decatur, and Bridgeport. All nice rides through the country if you know how to go. Especially after the Rock Trucks get off the roads.

Course there is a Braums in Decatur as well. But, the DQ is the biker hangout.

That would gove Texas Shadow a good country ride home from Wise County.

On second thought if we went to Wise County for Ice Cream it wouldn't be a Tarrant County ride then, would it?

Just thinking out loud.:giveup:

Curtis

Forgot to add that with some luck I may have a guest meet us. Met this guy named James yesterday, a fairly new rider with all the right stuff, looking for some riding people. Hope the weather co operates so I won't have to work.

I'll be at BB tomorrow night, but there's a chance I may have to cage it. I was hit in the knee by a UFO on I-820 on the way home tonight. Knee's swollen up and ouchy.
:-?

They sure are. Also across the street from the ice cream parlor is the old county court house. It's surrounded by old pecan trees and there's lots of benches to sit on.

They sure are. Also across the street from the ice cream parlor is the old county court house. It's surrounded by old pecan trees and there's lots of benches to sit on.
That sounds picturesque :) I'll have the camera on me. I might head up there from Kaneman's gathering Sunday.

Hmmm.... new bike ride theme this summer: The Hunt for Ice Cream. Episode One: Denton's Finest.

I'll be at BB tomorrow night, but there's a chance I may have to cage it. I was hit in the knee by a UFO on I-820 on the way home tonight. Knee's swollen up and ouchy.

Sorry you hurt your knee. Hope it gets to feeling better. According to the weather forecast, we might need pontoons on our bikes tomorrow.

the old county court house.

Denton is on my list of courthouses to get pics of. If the weather is good Sunday & I can get some mowing done, I'll try to get up there...

Sorry you hurt your knee. Hope it gets to feeling better. According to the weather forecast, we might need pontoons on our bikes tomorrow.
I'm not too confident in the weather forecasts these days and since it's on the way home for me, I'll be there rain or shine.

Denton is on my list of courthouses to get pics of. If the weather is good Sunday & I can get some mowing done, I'll try to get up there...
Give me a call Sunday morning and we'll see what's cooking. I can meet you somewhere along I-35. I'll be up that way anyway (Kaneman's place). We can kick off Summer 2007 Hunt for Ice Cream
(and courthouses! ;)

I'll be there Sunday if anyone comes this way. Here's an arial view of the old courthouse

Attachments

• denton%20county%20courthouse.JPG
    denton%20county%20courthouse.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 282

I was hit in the knee by a UFO.

Im sorry you were injured,,,,,,,, but, Thats funny. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BTW We will be there. Ed, you gonna show up? Wanna talk VFR's with ya.. Also will be bringing the Sync tool for Chuck.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72. South southeast wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 7am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. South southeast wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 7pm and 1am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. South southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 86. South southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. East southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 87. South southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 72. South southeast wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Looks like it will be wet Friday night. No problem, though. I've found Friday night ice cream to be good for my mental health. Saturday I'll be replacing T-dubs triple tree bearings with a set of tapered roller bearings. Sunday looks almost decent. May I ride with you?

Sunday looks almost decent. May I ride with you?
It's an open invite. :)

I was sprinkled on the morning of the last two days, and beat the storm this am with lightening in my rear mirrors. I don't think it will bother me much tomorrow (providing my knee is okay; otherwise I may have to cage it, but then..... )

Maybe we should change the title to just "Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 7:15 pm" ? No date associated, then we can post date and place as we approach Friday.

Back