• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6:30 PM

Re: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6/8 7:15 PM

It's an open invite. :)

I was sprinkled on the morning of the last two days, and beat the storm this am with lightening in my rear mirrors. I don't think it will bother me much tomorrow (providing my knee is okay; otherwise I may have to cage it, but then..... )

Maybe we should change the title to just "Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 7:15 pm" ? No date associated, then we can post date and place as we approach Friday.

Same here these last two days with the rain. Little sprinkles on both rides in and out.

Remind me to show you the knee gaurds I wear to protect my shins and knee caps. I find that following rock trucks makes for some intersting UFO's. Been pinged more than once. Wise County Survival tools. The guys at work make fun of me every morning as I remove them for work. I tell them to follow me home then tell me if I'm a little excentric about my knee gaurds. Having broken one of my knee caps on a city bump on my crotch rocket made me leary of hitting it again.

See ya'll tomorrow.

Curtis

So.....I'm back from Arkansas and off from work till Wednesday. Where is it we are headed? (and when? ;-) )
Two:
1. tonight at the Burger Box on Glenview in Richland Hills, 7:15
2. possibily Denton on Sunday, specifics forthcoming.
I'll be out of cyber space Sat night so I need a contact phone number to check in on the meet up for Sunday.

Remind me to show you the knee gaurds I wear to protect my shins and knee caps. I find that following rock trucks makes for some intersting UFO's. Been pinged more than once.
This was more than a 'ping'. More like a flying asteroid. I'm relieved that my knee wasn't smashed. The padding in my overpants reduced the impact.
I'm interested in the knee guards.

(And now that I have a baby KLR, can I join your tech days? I already have a list of things to do (jetting first). :sun: )

Last edited by a moderator:

So.....I'm back from Arkansas and off from work till Wednesday. Where is it we are headed? (and when? ;-) )

Janet, here is the map for Burger Box (address is 7700 Glenview, fudged to get the arrow in the right place - a Denton Don trick).

It is on the SE corner of Glenview (west extension of Pipeline) and Booth-Calloway.

Might be hard for pictures tonight - "rain and lots of it" was just on the radio this morning...

Forecast for this evening is "strong storms" so I guess rain gear will be necessary.

Forecast for this evening is "strong storms" so I guess rain gear will be necessary.
I left home: dry.
Downpour in Lake Worth: donned rain gear, gloves, turned on heated grips.
Station: dry.
Dallas: sunny, cooked in rain gear.

We shall persevere. :sun:
See y'all tonight.

Janet, here is the map for Burger Box (address is 7700 Glenview, fudged to get the arrow in the right place - a Denton Don trick).

It is on the SE corner of Glenview (west extension of Pipeline) and Booth-Calloway.

Might be hard for pictures tonight - "rain and lots of it" was just on the radio this morning...
Thanks y'all. I was kind of brain dead when I got in yesterday and couldn't get all the sugestions sorted out.

Paula and I won't make this evening but would be up for the Sunday ride depending on what time. We won't be able to go until afternoon or evening so the morning is out. Could someone post a time everyone is going on Sunday?

I plan to be there unless the roofer shows up to get paid and collect his extra material.

Enjoyed the evening with everyone. 81.8 miles for a burger, malt and friends. Y'all be safe.

Janet

Enjoyed the evening with everyone. 81.8 miles for a burger, malt and friends. Y'all be safe.

I think you won the distance for the night. Not quite the same as going to Illinois for a burger, but... ;-)

Thanks for visiting us again. :thumb:

What a good ride into town.

And the trip home has a nice light show to watch.

See ya'll at Breakfast at the Snooty Pig?

Curtis

Paula and I won't make this evening but would be up for the Sunday ride depending on what time. We won't be able to go until afternoon or evening so the morning is out. Could someone post a time everyone is going on Sunday?

I think this is still undecided. Perhaps a certain ice cream addict should start a thread for Sunday. I have heard that the weather is supposed to cooperate...

And the trip home has a nice light show to watch.

See ya'll at Breakfast at the Snooty Pig?
Yeah, wasn't that awesome?!? I love riding at night, and watching storms roll in. :clap:
Unless its downpour tomorrow am, I'll be at Snoots and Pigs.
(eggs and muffin - yummm)

Perhaps a certain ice cream addict should start a thread for Sunday. I have heard that the weather is supposed to cooperate...
ooookay.

Fantastic light show on the way home. I'm just now hearing thunder and the first shower is humming on the rough.

Anyone want to ride to the Snooty Pig tomorrow from Lake Worth. Albertson's parking lot at Boat Club Road and Jacksboro highway (199). Kickstands up at 7:00 AM. Ride north on Boat Club Road/Morris Dido-Newark Road/1220 to 718 to Avondale-Haslett Road to Westport Parkway? I know the route well and will be happy to lead.

Developing moderate to heavy squall line coming from the south looks like it will be over Lake Worth about 7:00. Nothing behind that but light to moderate ran for the next several hours. I'm going to install new steering stem bearings this morning.

Bumpy.
I know it's becoming repetitious, but..... BuRger Box again?

I'm gonna need it after this week.......

I'm out next Friday. I'll be down in hill country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing repititious about good food cheap. Burger Box is fine. I'll be there.

Soozy has a new front tire on the Burgman, registration, insurance, BRC, M endorsement, and gear. We will be hitting the parking lot tomorrow afternoon. Maybe she'll be confident enough for her first road trip after playing a while.

She was one of only two riders who did not fall on wet sealed asphalt during her BRC. I think she'll do fine.

Soozy has a new front tire on the Burgman, registration, insurance, BRC, M endorsement, and gear. We will be hitting the parking lot tomorrow afternoon. Maybe she'll be confident enough for her first road trip after playing a while.
So when do we get to meet Ms. Soozy?

When Soozy feels confident enough to hit the road. She's had some serious health issues in the past and cares very much about staying healthy. However, she does date a Harley rider from Dallas occassionally(quite the nerdy type from what I hear :lol2: ), and she has another friend who rides a Valkarie and a KLR that she wants to ride with.

Back