• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6:30 PM

I am a maybe - I am planning to swing by the Shark's place after work and see if we can't fix the brake wire that I broke/pinched/shorted when we added his luggage rack last weekend... :oops:

If it is not too late, I will try to swing by...

the days are getting shorter... :-(

Ice cream....... mmmmmmm..................... :thumb:

Raise a spoon for me this evening. I am going to be working through the night on software upgrades. I hope to be done and sleeping by 9 o'clock tomorrow morning. Otherwise I will be troubleshooting the fallout. :yawn:

Ed

I'm still working...

Well, sort of. Actually I'm goofing off here while someone else does the labor.
I'm watching!:trust:

Curtis

I'll be at breakfast if the storms don't change my plans. I'll be in my Company truck. Think anyone would notice if I wore my motorcycle helmet to breakfast to identify myself as a TWT Rider?

Think anyone would notice if I wore my motorcycle helmet to breakfast to identify myself as a TWT Rider?

Nope. Just put a bumper sticker on the truck that says, "I'm not tailgating, I'm drafting," and everyone will think you are on the way to TMS.

Raise a spoon for me this evening. I am going to be working through the night on software upgrades. I hope to be done and sleeping by 9 o'clock tomorrow morning. Otherwise I will be troubleshooting the fallout.
I had two scoops. Maybe one was yours :trust:

I think I am getting addicted to Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip. :giveup:

There must be a 12 step program somewhere... :shrug:

Resistance is futile :trust:

I'm going to try a different flavor at Beth Marie's tomorrow......
after a custom burger next door. (maybe they'll have buffalo burgers, but I won't mention that to my new buddies )

Getting addicted? I've been addicted a long time!

MMMmmmmmmm! Great Ice Cream ride tonight.
I brought a new rider to introduce him to the group of die hard riders.
I said,"Yea come on, you'll like these riders, They're serious about their riding".

We skirted the rain all afternoon and got to Burger Box at 6:50 pm.

We ate burgers and then some ice cream. All the while wondering, where is everybody???????????? Nobody showed up but us.

We abandoned our wait as this very intimidating and dark Monster Cloud snuck up on us from the south. So at 7:30 we decided to boogie!

My buddy split for Euless and I shagged it up Davis Blvd, all the while watching the monster bear down on me in my rear view window. I left him in my dust!

Oh and lest I forget, The Monsters Mistress was trying to do a flanking manuver on me on my left side following I-35W North. With one eye westward and with great conviction of a man on a mission of great importance, I carved a trail through the Davis Street traffic northward to Hwy 114 just outside of Trophy Club.

So there I was, screaming down the ramp onto westbound 114 and I look ahead. Hmmmmmmm she's not going to let me get away, I thought, as I twisted the throttle hard and jammed through the gears trying to get my speed up to beat her to I-35W and 114. But, she was having none of that and reached out a scraggly arm out ahead of me and slapped the road with enough rain and wind to make even the biggest cars on 114 slam on their breaks in self preservation. Little did they know she was trying to get to me, not them!

Only thing she forgot was I was still dry, and there was a big bridge ahead for me to take shelter under, while she threw her tantrum in front of me.

Fortunitly for me I had all my rain gear packed in the bags. So I calmly I stopped and suited up, as the 5 gallon bucket size drops of water pummeled the road on both sides of the bridge. I kept thinking, "Wonder if this is going to let up soon? Or am I going to have to crawl up this nasty girls leg and thumb my nose in her face!"

Well I took my time and eventually it came to that point in time where it was either 'put up or shut up'. So I slapped the restless KLR in gear and headed for the biggest opening in traffic I could see in my wet mirror.

Wouldn't you know it. The Monsters girlfriend must have been a smoker, cause she ran out of breath in less than a mile and I danced a jig on the roadway the next 24 miles to the house. A little sprinkle of tears of defeat from her from time to time as I watched the sun pop out from behind the remains of the Monsters Mistress as I rounded the bend in the Hwy at my home town of Rhome. Too cool. Too bad my camera was warm and dry in the rear bag.

Home safe and sound! Amazingly, I am still dry. The rain gear paid for itself in this one trip. YEA!:rider:

Ya'll missed an Adventure. The quest for Ice Cream makes for some interesting motorcycle trips.

Just call me,

Curtis, the Dragon Slayer!

Oh, and my new rider friend just called as I typed all this nonsense up and informed me that he was chased down the Airport Freeway home by the first Monster. Guess that makes us both Dragon Slayers tonight. Casuse he got home safe and dry too!
Night All!

Curtis, Elzi is on a trip. Rich is on a trip. I was supposed to be on a trip but work got in the way. I'm gone tomorrow. I don't know about everyone else.

Curtis, Elzi is on a trip. Rich is on a trip. I was supposed to be on a trip but work got in the way. I'm gone tomorrow. I don't know about everyone else.

Yea, I know about Elzi's and Ken's trips. I wasn't expecting them there.
I just was surprised at the power Elzi's presence had on that particular event.

Guess I know where I stand!:rofl: :giveup:

Anyway, we had fun.

Curtis

Several of us went south on Friday for the Pie Run on Saturday - it was V-Strom Friday night in Comfort at the German restaurant:

Kidder
jbh
Squeaky
Don_Alejo
Gilk51 with tortuga (2-up)

Elzi drives the ice cream wagon. Maybe she will describe the apple ice cream that we had Saturday... (also apple pie)

Several of us went south on Friday for the Pie Run on Saturday - it was V-Strom Friday night in Comfort at the German restaurant:

Kidder
jbh
Squeaky
Don_Alejo
Gilk51 with tortuga (2-up)

Elzi drives the ice cream wagon. Maybe she will describe the apple ice cream that we had Saturday... (also apple pie)

Hmmm, Well that's all fine and all, but don't think I'm going to go out and get a V Strom just so I can hang out with you guys.:mrgreen:

Danny and I work for the same slave driver, so we weren't even sure we wouldn't get sucked back into working all night. Funny, but for some reason they didn't call us back in after the Monsters danced across the Metromess.

But, Danny is more dedicated than I am and he called in to check on the buisness to see if he could make a few bucks. He worked 16 more hours.

If these storms will ever die off I can plan to do a ride of my own to Riodoso NM. Surely they have an Ice Cream Shop in town somewhere.:rider: Maybe even pie.

Glad you all had fun. Think I'll start shopping for a Land Yatch for the wife and I to ride together on.

Cj

Several of us went south on Friday for the Pie Run on Saturday - it was V-Strom Friday night in Comfort at the German restaurant.....

I was in Llano Friday night eating BBQ chicken and beef at Cooper's. And blackberry cobbler. Just one lowly Wee-strom and a very wet, drenched rider.

Re: ice cream in Medina.....apple cinnamon flavored soft serve. I don't consider soft serve real ice cream; it's 'ice cream wannabe'. Flavor was good, but.......

Now, I found a new candidate for an ice cream weekend day run on Hwy 16 in Cherokee: Ice Cream Station. It was not open when I passed through this morning, but I have their number. I can call to inquire into their hours, etc. I think they offer other food items too such as burgers and catfish.

On the ride home I was entertaining an Indian Ice Cream Run: Comanche and then south to Cherokee. :)

Is this happening tonight? I really need it to happen or else I will have to try to mow the backyard. I think there still is a dog in there somewhere... :eek2:

Oh, and other critters, too. Georgia has drug out 2 mice in the last 3 days... :puke:

I'd rather do ice cream... :zen:

Well, I am getting away a bit late but I'ma gonna be there and see if anyone else is. I need to warm up the chain so I can clean & lube it... :mrgreen:

I had to run around and gather parts together for tomorrow. Then................truth be told, I sat outside the Starbucks and absorbed the sun to recharge my batteries. They were running on empty.
I had the last straw this morning. Either it stops raining or I'm heading out of here to wherever the sun was shining. Nothing but grunts passed my lips until the sun shone this afternoon.

My buddy Danny and I did a little Wise County ride tonight.
He's still new to this two wheel thing and wants to get some saddle time.
So................ We did!:rider:

Oh and I helped him install a throttle lock on his Zuk before we left out from my house. He was grinning from ear to ear when we parted and he left to go back to the Metromess, so I guess he had fun. Nothing like a sundown in the rear view mirror.

Hint, We had to stop in Decatur for gas to get the rest of the way back to my house.:mrgreen:

Now I've got enough fuel to make tomorrows Tech Day.

Curtis

Well, I was there by myself for quite a while until Ed (ed29) showed up on his viffer. We didn't sit outside but used the stools inside. I found out that he is coming to the tech day tomorrow. :thumb:

So, I got the chain all warmed up & cleaned & lubed it tonight. So, now I'm free to bring the Jeep and all my tools tomorrow. Look out, some new bikes to take apart! :eek2:

I was there last week & snubbed by everyone (except Ed later).
My feelings are hurt... :tears:

Bumpy!!!

Now that I'm cooled off...... tomorrow night at Buger Box on Grandview?
Who's in?

Grandview as in South of Burleson? Or, Glenview in Richland Hills?

Either OK for me. In fact Grandview would be fun. But for the cages I'd have to run over to get there and back..:rider:

I think I can make this one. May even bring the new guys again.

Curtis

Back