• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6:30 PM

We are there. Have to tell yall about our mountain ride on a Uly in Wyoming :rider: :rider: :rider:

Of course I will have to fix my rear wheel "issue" tonight.. :doh:

I will probably make it there tonight, and will see if my neighbor is home from work in time to go too. He is brand new to riding, just bought a very lightly used Honda Magna. I have the duty, but my work got pushed from 7:00PM start to a midnight start.

Leia and myself plan of being there also tonight. Gonna have to fight traffic to get there, but hopefully, we will be there in time for the burgers and ice cream.

:eat: :rider: :clap:

Small but nice crowd tonight.

Nothing goes better with a KLR than Rocky Road!

Looks like the threat of rain scared many off. We had 4 tonight. Elzi, Ed, Dail, and myself.

The smooth lines of the ZX11 called out for buttered pecan tonight. It was wonderful night to sit outside.

The munchkin and I visited DQ. The company was better than the food.

Looks like the threat of rain scared many off. We had 4 tonight. Elzi, Ed, Dail, and myself.

was torn between riding and icream vs. working on the wife's scooter which then caused me to work on the computer when it locked up accessing the Aprilia service manual... :-(

was torn between riding and icream vs. working on the wife's scooter which then caused me to work on the computer when it locked up accessing the Aprilia service manual... :-(
I got torn between ice cream and bikes and hot wings and beer.

(guess which one won out...:chug: )

Your repair adventures sound more like working on plumbing than on a bike..... Start do do something simple like change a washer and follow the issues until you get to working stuff, then work your way back to the original fix! :doh:

I hope you got the puter and then the bike restored to service.

Last edited:
Your repair adventures sound more like working on plumbing than on a bike..... Start do do something simple like change a washer and follow the issues until you get to working stuff, then work your way back to the original fix! :doh:

I hope you got the puter and then the bike restored to service.

Yeah, it was a washer in the computer. :lol2:
Actually, I tried to add another hard drive last weekend, took the box outside and used the air compressor to blow out enormous amounts of dust and fuzz. I noticed that my two memory modules were not in the right slots to run dual channel, so I changed them. I changed them back last night - I don't think this machine is meant to run any faster. :shrug:

The second drive wasn't successful last weekend because it replaced an ancient disk with Red Hat 9 which also had the boot info for the dual boot. :doh: So, last night I cloned the main drive with ghost so that when I ran fixmbr from the repair console I had a way back. It wasn't needed but now all my photos are on the cloned drive where I wanted them anyway. :zen:

Yeah yeah, I know, too much information (TMI) but I just had to tell ya.

Waiting on parts for the scoot:

The culprit, the $226 Aprilia voltage regulator:
voltreg_3376q.jpg

Here is why it is so expensive: :rofl:
reg_name_3377q.jpg

We'll see if a Honda CBR volt-reg will hold up...
Scoot has to be ready for the Pie Run next Saturday...

The smooth lines of the ZX11 called out for buttered pecan tonight. It was wonderful night to sit outside.

I kept trying to get there but my Dispatcher kept changing my plans. I did go by there around 9:30pm though on my way home. Nobody still there of course!

Dang I need to retire!!!!:giveup:

Curtis

Back