• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS '12 Yamaha WR250R Loaded $4,800

Reaction score
Howdy guys, the time has come for me to sell my beloved wr250r. I've been watching it collect dust for the last 16 months and it's time it sees somebody who will ride it. I've spent a lot of time and a lot of money building this bike for long distance adventure rides. I did the NMBDR and it did great but just wasn't for me. It's a 2012 one owner with 16k miles. I have ridden both to my limits and to the bike's and we both have the scars to prove it but that's all it is. This bike is mechanically sound, well maintained and recently refreshed prior to sale, the bad is she has some scratches here and there from being ridden beyond my talents too often.
Selling price is $4,800 OBO. If your offer isn't insulting I'll probably say yes, I want to sell relatively soon.

This bike is located in Lubbock but I can travel anywhere in Texas for serious inquiries, especially Austin area.

List of added parts and maintenance:
New Tusk sintered brake pads front and rear
New MSR fork seals and wipers
Fresh Motul fork oil (10W)
Pirelli MT21 front tire with 70% left
Pirelli MT43 rear tire with 30% left
Tusk rim locks (one each, F&R)
Fresh tubes and spares
Kriega grab handle
Britannia Composites Lynx Rally R fiberglass fairing (white)
55W Halogen low beam
25W LED Baja Designs high beam
Pair of 18W auxbeam fog lights
LED strip turn signals
Waterproof dual USB charging port mounted, switched
Two RAM mounts, one on handlebar and one on dash
Wolfman Enduro tank bag
IMS 4.8 gallon tank (black)
New Seat Concepts standard height seat
12 OClock Labs Flasher Relay (to control LED turn signals)
12 OClock Labs 3rd Wire turn signal adapter (to make aftermarket turn signals always on like stock)
DoubleTake folding mirrors
New stock battery
Fresh NGK spark plug (at 8k)
Tusk radiator cap with gauge
Flatland Racing radiator guard
Flatland Racing skid plate
Fresh Mo-Cool radiator fluid
Fresh Yamalube motor oil and OEM filter
New thermostat
Stock toolkit (might be missing some parts)
New Primary Drive sprockets and sprocket bolts (13/48)
DID Gold X-ring chain (120 length)
Renthal Handlebars
New throttle tube
Fresh handgrips
Extended Length brake line and throttle cables
Happy Trails Parts Soft Luggage saddlebag racks
Wolfman Expedition waterproof saddlebags (yellow)
Sandman Parts case saver and sprocket cover (gold)
Uni reusable air filter, just cleaned
Barkbuster wrap-around handguards (white)
Firstgear 40L duffel

I have 98% of the parts that I’ve taken off including stock tank and plastics. With a little bit of time this bike could look like it did when I got it 7 years ago.
Most maintenance items have been touched within the last 500 miles (brakes, fork seals, oil, coolant, brake fluid, air filter, sprockets and chain, grips) and the rest should be fresh enough to not be a concern for another 5k miles. This is ready to ride a BDR or TAT or take to Mexico this week, all it needs is gas.

If you're new to riding, I'll even talk about selling you my riding gear, GPS and some camping equipment if you need to get into the bush this weekend.

I never did a big bore kit or an aftermarket exhaust on this bike because I find the performance satisfactory and I didn’t want the hit to reliability for adventure riding in off grid areas.
I have ridden this bike to its limits and to mine since day 1. It has some noticeable scratches on the tank and on the swing arm and some little scratches elsewhere. I did snap the stock chain and it scratched the case around the front sprocket but it is purely cosmetic due to the case saver.
This bike has one documented crash. It was only cosmetic to the bike and all parts were replaced (handlebar, windscreen, related components). I only claimed it because I broke bones in my hand.
Again, this bike has been ridden hard for 7 years but I have always changed my fluids and kept up with maintenance and I have always tried to replace parts when broken. The only flaws are cosmetic and the volume of aftermarket components including $400 of luggage should more than make up for this.

Attachments

• 20170601_182935626_iOS.jpg
    20170601_182935626_iOS.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 407
  • 20151113_215040549_iOS.jpg
    20151113_215040549_iOS.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 377
  • 20170405_022006509_iOS.jpg
    20170405_022006509_iOS.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 20170728_011552061_iOS.jpg
    20170728_011552061_iOS.jpg