• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS: 2005 Honda CRF230F

gixxerjasen

Wow
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
SOLD!

For sale: 2005 Honda CRF230F
$1700

Bought this for my wife back in 2017. It's been ridden a handful of times. I rebuilt the forks on it as they were leaking when I got it and replaced fork boots and the top caps while I was at it. Also put some new tires on it. It's been ridden so infrequently that you can still see some of the mold nubs on the center blocks on the front tires.

A few months ago my wife had emergency surgery on the bones of her inner ear. Consequently she is still dealing with enough pain that over the ear headphones are painful to wear, thus, so is a helmet. She also has frequent bouts with vertigo. She sadly decided that motorcycling is not an activity she sees herself doing in the immediate future. Additionally, we have some medical bills to pay off so we've decided to part ways with the CRF230F.

This isn't a race bike but it's lots of fun on the trails, a torquey little tractor motor for it's size and easy to ride. She learned to ride on it and it was satisfactory in power without intimidating her. It's pretty good for it's age, not mint or anything. Some dirt and staining on the seat and plastics, some surface rust on the exhaust header. I recently pulled the carb and cleaned it out and had her purring like a kitten last night.

I have the title, not in my name, but it's off road only so there was no point really.

Last edited:
Dang, hate to hear the troubles your wife is having. I hope she gets through it. My Dad has had vertigo issues and it is a serious problem! Good luck selling the bike!

If you are willing to put about $900 into a $1700 bike with a ST 1.5 cam, Wiseco 11:0 piston, ProCom CDI, Triplett fork mod, YSS shock, and PWK slide carb, then this 107kg bike will just scream. And of course dead nuts Honda reliable.

I rode with an expert class Score 500 Baja rider a few weeks ago. He was on an XR400. Of course he caught me on the long straight runs but in the goat trails the CRF230F gave nothing up.

If you don't want to drop coin on it, then just uncork it. Vast improvement. Pull air box restrictor, remove exhaust butt plug, change pj and mj. The '05 models have the right needle, so just check clip position.

And did I mention it weighs 107 kg? Perfect torque monster for tight trails.

I already have nearly $10k into my $3k DR-Z434SM. So I really don't need it. I am currently rapidly modding and reassembling Mr. Vstrom, so I don't have much more time for this stuff. Now in a month or two, I might see that I have dipped below 6 scooters and be on the hunt.

DL13.jpg

20180214_182610.jpg

Doug, I've offered you $3000 for it and you refused.

Last edited:
Uh oh ...

what we have here is a failure to adequately communicate.

See Mr. Mitch Smarty Pants, sometimes being cool isn't very easy. Well played my Marine Brother, good form.

Well, I went out of town for training for work all week. Got back and had two PM's but I was slow in responding, sorry guys. One already found another bike and another is still waiting on his current bike to sell before he can buy it. This is still for sale if someone is interested. Fired it up this morning and let it purr. Needs to be ridden, somebody come get it. Or go get that guy's KLR so he can buy mine! :D

Sold. Pleasure doing business with you ropeandride. I hope you enjoy chasing your kiddo around on the 230 as much as we did ours.

Back