• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS: 2007 BMW R1200 GS - Huntsville, Tx. [LOTS of pics!!] -- New Price $7000 -- SOLD!! --

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
So I am offering up for sale my trusty 2007 BMW R1200 GS.

I am the third owner I believe. I bought it in 2015 from another TWT member with about 17K miles on it.

This is NOT a garage queen, but it has been taken care of and is ready to go anywhere! There are no outstanding recalls or service bulletins on it that I am aware of. I can provide VIN so dealer can check. After I bought it, I had the rear wheel hub recall done and a new oil sight glass installed because the original was leaking.

I've always run Mobile 1 full synthetic in it.

I have a clear Texas title in hand in my name.

I DO NOT have the stock exhaust, grab rails, seat, or tool kit. The bike did not have the OEM kit when I bought it. So my general tool kit does not go with it, just the bits specific to this bike. I do have the BMW spark plug socket, the funky little tools for removing the oil filler cap, and the spark plug pulling gadget.

The tires are at the end of their life. I have another TKC 80 front about half used and a Shinko 805 rear half used that I will mount if desired. Or, I will just give them to you. I like to start trips with a new set of tires, so these are just tires I removed before my last trip. I usually remount them to use them up once the tires from the trip are gone.

[EDIT: New Shinko 805 rear and TKC 80 front mounted two weeks ago. Bike has been ridden once since then. Mileage is not going up as I have a new bike now.]

Asking price: $7000

The big picture (tail bag NOT included, but all mounting brackets included.)

Miles: 37954 (I still ride it, so this will go up some).

Rear Ohlins: rebuilt by certified Ohlin tech (Motorcycles Unlimited) in 2017, maybe 5K miles ago.

Front Ohlins: rebuilt by certified Ohlins tech in 2017, maybe 2500 miles ago. Spanner tool to adjust preload included.

55W Piaa floods and Moto Light running lights (also floods).

Cool sticker on screen will be removed. That is the screen off an Adventure model GS. Same for the little side deflectors on each side. Also the GSA "beak" on the front fender. The black spot on the left side of the fender behind the beak is the only serious cosmetic blemish on the bike. I wasn't paying attention and got a bit too close with a power washer and it hit a rock chip in the clear coat and stripped it almost instantly. It is purely cosmetic, no damage to the fender. I just haven't bothered to get it painted and it's never gotten worse.

Close up of the missing paint.

Oil cooler guard, metal, brand unknown. BOTH head lights upgraded to Cyclops LEDs, VERY bright and MUCH better than stock lights!!

I fell down on Cow Creek road on a SLICK water crossing at about 5mph. It scraped the windshield. I replaced the right blinker with a new one.

The metal bar is slightly bent on the right side, kind of hard to see, but it is there, so in the interest of full disclosure...

Handle bars were NOT bent in the drop. The handguards were bent. I replaced them with new guards on both sides.

2" Rox risers make standing while riding VERY nice and comfy! Also, very adjustable.

Foam grip wraps make the grip far more comfy for my hands, work great with the heated grips, easily removed.

The drop on Cow Creek Rd., bent my crash bars. So I replaced them with new SW Motech bars. The bars hit the head guard on the right side and bent it. The bars and guard did their job and the actual head is fine.

Left head and cover

Alt-Rider bash plate I think? Was on there when I bought it.

BMW Adventure bag mounting racks. BMW aluminum adventure side bags ONLY, included in sale. Will show pics in later post.

Throttle position sensor guard - Touratech I think? Alt-Rider maybe?

Ztechnik Titanium pipe (catalytic converter still in place) - nice sound!

Plug for heated gear, was for my passengers, but can also work for rider

Charging pigtail for battery on left side above foot peg, tucks behind frame

BMW power socket under rear of rider seat on left side (stock option)

BMW plug on left side of dash

Controls for aux lights on left side of handle bar

No idea on brand, but nice wide pegs for comfy standing for hours on end if you like. Cleats can be raised or lowered with allen wrench to rider's preference.

Close up of the small wind deflectors on each side of main screen.

Sargent custom seat front and back with matching red piping. Fake carbon fiber pattern. VERY comfy for rider AND pillion!

Bar end throttle lock, can remember brand. Twist back to lock, twist forward to unlock. Just a friction lock easily over ridden in a panic situation.

Alt-Rider kick stand foot extension pad to keep stand from sinking into ground.

Next post will have action shots :rider:

Last edited:
Put a price on it or delete the add :scratch:

Relax! :lol2:

I was in the process of editing the post. I had to save it first to get all the pics from my phone into the post and then go back and edit it at my desktop computer instead of on the phone. The price has been added.

My dad always told me excuses only satisfy whoever makes them :lol2: Dirtryrider put me up to it anyway :rofl:

Now for the pics that will make you want to get off your butt and go off on an adventure!

Daniel's first adventure ride, US 64 through the Carson NF in Northern New Mexico.

Heading up to Cloudcroft from Alamogordo, NM., to do some more adventure riding

Somewhere out in the middle of no where with Sarah, Russell Gap Rd., East of Pinon, NM., in the Lincoln NF.
IMG_0458.JPG

Heading up to Emory Pass on NM 152
IMG_0035.JPG

NM 78 West of Silver City, NM., heading to Arizona
IMG_0065.JPG

Trying desperately to outrun bad weather while heading to the top of some pass on Blue River Rd., just East of the Az, NM border near Brushy Mtn and Chimney Rcok Mtn.
IMG_0130.JPG

At the top, the weather still chasing us...
IMG_0139.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

Coming down the East side of the mountains back to US 180
IMG_0141.JPG

Jfink has a pic of my big pig wallowing in this... I will let him share it.
IMG_0151.JPG

Somewhere between US 60 and I-25 coming back from Pie Town and the VLA.
IMG_0247.JPG

Enjoying Spring time and wild flowers near Brenham - Those are the side bags included in the sale. Tail bag NOT included.
750_3163.jpg

Rear view of bags
750_3174.jpg

The bags are perfectly functional. They do have some scrapes and minor scratches just from being used. They are not dented. The bike key opens them.

The engine guard bars shown here are the ones that put the dent in the head guard and have since been replaced with the SW Motech bars.
750_3269.jpg

More Spring time flowers
750_3374.jpg

750_3384.jpg

750_3404.jpg

750_3414.jpg

750_3418.jpg

These are pics from a trip through New Mexico, Arizona, Southern Utah, and Western Colorado with my daughter, Sarah. She was 11 at the time.

750_7274.jpg

750_7304.jpg

DSCN0760.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

P1080716.jpg

P1080749.jpg

P1080766.jpg

P1080799.jpg

IMG_1965.JPG

P1080710.JPG

P1080768.JPG

These are from a family trip up into Northern Arkansas.

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

And from a recent trip to Colorado...

I have two tail bags I’ll throw in as well.

I have the manual that came with the bike and a Haynes service manual.

I’ll throw in the feeler gauges for checking valve clearances. That other gadget is for locking the engine at TDC when checking valves.

I’ll throw in this fantastic oil filter wrench handmade by our own DesertSkies here on TWT.

Just had the bike inspected and tags renewed.

Show up with FULL cash price in hand and you can have a test ride. If you damage it while riding, you bought it. If you're up for it, I'll take you for a spin on some fun local dirt roads as a passenger :trust:

That Dragoo clinic/GS Fest gave you the fever, I suspect. GLWS :)

Impressive. I've never seen a for sale posting that documents every single mile the bike has been ridden :rofl::duck:

He is eyeing that rallye I bet

I asked a dealer if he would swap out the street tires with TKC 80s. He came back with $500 for the tires and labor! No mention of whether I would get to keep the street oriented tires since they didn't lower the price by the cost of the street tires :roll:

I'm still shopping and haggling.

I asked a dealer if he would swap out the street tires with TKC 80s. He came back with $500 for the tires and labor! No mention of whether I would get to keep the street oriented tires since they didn't lower the price by the cost of the street tires :roll:

I'm still shopping and haggling.
$500?!?! That's highway robbery!

Their reasoning is that they don't have any TKCs in stock and they'd have to order them...

I am starting to think there is a reason this particular dealer has more 2017 & 2018 leftover GSs sitting on the floor than any other dealer I have seen thus far.

Their reasoning is that they don't have any TKCs in stock and they'd have to order them...

I am starting to think there is a reason this particular dealer has more 2017 & 2018 leftover GSs sitting on the floor than any other dealer I have seen thus far.
Yep. Unless you are getting a steal on the leftovers, I'd head elsewhere.

Back