• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS: 2007 BMW R1200 GS - Huntsville, Tx. [LOTS of pics!!] -- New Price $7000 -- SOLD!! --

Yep. Unless you are getting a steal on the leftovers, I'd head elsewhere.

Unfortunately, these guys seem to be the only dealer around with the particular bike I want. I found one in Plano, but they are even higher than this dealer. Most of the other dealers don't have it at all. They say they can do a swap with another dealer to get one, but they'd likely be doing the swap with the people I have been talking with, which means the price isn't going to come down. So I just have to decide how bad I really want this bike. I could just take it with the tires it has on it now, buy my own tires and swap them out, then either keep or sell the tires it has on it now which look like 70/30 (road/dirt) tires maybe.

I'd probably be quicker to pull the trigger if my 07 sold first.

Unfortunately, these guys seem to be the only dealer around with the particular bike I want. I found one in Plano, but they are even higher than this dealer. Most of the other dealers don't have it at all. They say they can do a swap with another dealer to get one, but they'd likely be doing the swap with the people I have been talking with, which means the price isn't going to come down. So I just have to decide how bad I really want this bike. I could just take it with the tires it has on it now, buy my own tires and swap them out, then either keep or sell the tires it has on it now which look like 70/30 (road/dirt) tires maybe.

I'd probably be quicker to pull the trigger if my 07 sold first.
Looking at the Rallye?

Looking at the Rallye?

Not the Rallye Sport, just the regular GS in the Rallye colors. The only real difference is that the regular GS doesn't have the 20mm higher suspension. The Rallye comes with the single long seat, no center stand, in some cases no passenger foot pegs, and a chopped down windscreen. Essentially, it is the GS Adventure with a regular sized gas tank. As far as all the techno gadgetry options, they are the same. I think the Rallye might come with TKCs or something similar already installed.

This is basically what I am looking for,
00000%2F1e1f7dc0-6efd-4c53-9f72-a7e600f13896%2Fb5665f21-9227-40cb-9e0d-a9ed014ab8a8%2F6000000001.jpg

If you look in many of the pictures, you will see the PIAA lights mounted to a long round silver bar. It was junk. It wouldn't stay in place and the mounts eventually broke. I replaced it with one of these,

This mount's MUCH better! Also, it pulled the lights in a bit closer to the fender so they don't stick out so far. This makes it less likely they will get hit in a drop.

Here is the old mount,

These two pics show the bike with the new mount,

Last edited:
Nice! Iā€™m in the market for another ride, but have to take care of a few things this spring. GLWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will entertain offers... The worst that can happen is that I decline. However, I might accept :coffee:

This is exactly what I'm looking for to do an Alaska trip (and more) in '20. But as is my usual luck the timing is off! :mad:

GLWS

Price lowered to $7250

Also listed on Craigslist now.

Alrighty... Price dropped to $7K. Any lower and I am gonna have to start stripping off the goodies and sell them separate, which I'd hate to do because the bike is so well setup right now. If you have been thinking about it, give me a holler and come see it in person. Summer is almost here and it is time for you to get out there on an adventure!

Alrighty... Price dropped to $7K. Any lower and I am gonna have to start stripping off the goodies and sell them separate, which I'd hate to do because the bike is so well setup right now. If you have been thinking about it, give me a holler and come see it in person. Summer is almost here and it is time for you to get out there on an adventure!
Surprised you haven't sold this yet. Well, if I didn't already an 05 and a 06. Of coarse, I could pick it up then find an 08 and 09 so I could have a straight flush. šŸ˜

Back