• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD - 2007 Yamaha XT225 Dual Sport

philipbarrett

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Originally bought for my wife who apparently much prefers hanging out on the back of the F800GS! Clean Texas title, less than 1200 miles, tons of adventure riding farkles and a whole box of parts, spares and the like. Good for the TAT, Alaska or in the case of TWT inmate Stinkfish, just riding around the world.

What else can I tell you?
  • 260lbs wet
  • 6 speed for buzz-free cruising
  • aftermarket "big" tank
  • Seat Concepts plushy for your tushy
  • Rear rack
  • Parts Tube
  • Tusk Bars & Billet gas cap
  • New tires
KBB says $1,950 for a trade in, $2,850 retail so how about $2,250.00 to take her home?

Man... if Sarah were 16... I'd be all over this! Two more years to go... I showed it to her and she really likes it. She still needs more seat time and practice using a clutch off road before I let her get out on the roads with me.

70 - 75mph depending on your girth! Cruise all day long at 65mph, that 6th gear (which is missing from the new XT250) is nice.

A 16T rear will drop the revs further.

70 - 75mph depending on your girth! Cruise all day long at 65mph, that 6th gear (which is missing from the new XT250) is nice.

A 16T rear will drop the revs further.
Hmm ok, not bad for a 225. 6th is helpful.

I had an '06 XT225 with ~10k miles. Only issue I ever had was the base gasket between the cylinder jug and engine cases started leaking oil, but it was simple to replace.

I am 5' 9", weighing in at a meaty 230 lbs. I got maxed mine at a GPS speed of 78 with ~80mph indictated. Parts are still easy to find, Yamaha continued to make the XT225s for the RTW as the Serow. It cruises easily at 65.

GLWS!

I sat on Brad's at class last year, it's fits good and that's about a 30-31 height. Comfortable for shorties. Only reason I haven't grabbed one is I'll have to brake-over-clutch modify ( I wanted to stay Rekluse)

I sat on Brad's at class last year, it's fits good and that's about a 30-31 height. Comfortable for shorties. Only reason I haven't grabbed one is I'll have to brake-over-clutch modify ( I wanted to stay Rekluse)

What she said.

I have a 30" inseam and it feels perfect to me (2009 XT250). The seat and the suspension is soft so you also sink down a little... in a good way.

Hi! If you don't mind, I have a few of questions.
Are the rear turn signals disconnected?
How often do you run the engine?
When was the last time the oil was changed?
I see you're located in Dallas. To get a feel for the location, what's the nearest highway intersection? (I'm in Grapevine)
Thanks in advance!

Bike is headed to a lovely life in Durango, CO. Craigslist came through surprisingly pain free.

Thanks all...

Back