• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TRADED: 2012 DL650 VStrom $$ AS LOW AS IT GETS

What a great deal Rod. I have ridden beside Rod and this Strom is one strong runner. Anyone needing a adventure bike would be very pleased with this ride.

Rod, I’m getting ready to post up my drz for sale. If it goes and you still have this I will be contacting you, sir.
I believe I remember when you got this bike. If I remember correctly a stromathon in 16? You led us on the “goat paths” on it. I had my KLR.
Still looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx... the bike hasnt been down since I bought it...cant remember the history before then.... Not sure if its been at Strom A Thon tho.. I bought it soon after gettn the 2013 Tenere which woulda been around the late Fall/Winter of 16
I prob rode the Ten to SAT in Spring of 17
I got the 14 Tenere almost exactly 1 year later Aug 17
The Husky was mine late 17 & Guzzi came along in 2018...oh & Bandit too

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

c17296ca2a1011f89bdf3dd69b17d31e.jpg
8a43f2d061362c6155be5a27276c9c25.jpg

This is where I feel like I remember it from. I’m the goofy kid in the high vis jacket.

View attachment 241135View attachment 241136

This is where I feel like I remember it from. I’m the goofy kid in the high vis jacket.

Youre thinkin bout my 011 ...Oui which I bought from Duchess.... That was a really good one too.... Sold it to a guy in Tomball area...he never rides it as I hear.
I regretted selling almost immediately....
Thats where the 2012 comes in..... Bought to replace Oui just after I had purchased a 12 Versys. & discovered I fit the Strom better

Youre thinkin bout my 011 ...Oui which I bought from Duchess.... That was a really good one too.... Sold it to a guy in Tomball area...he never rides it as I hear.
I regretted selling almost immediately....
Thats where the 2012 comes in..... Bought to replace Oui just after I had purchased a 12 Versys. & discovered I fit the Strom better

Ahh! Ok, I got ya.
Yeah, that was a fun ride. I wouldn’t mind getting out with all you guys again soon.
I’m off to take pics of the rides now for posting. Maybe we can talk business soon.
Have a good one.

I cannot believe, I don't want to believe, that the bike has not sold. Does no one ride anymore? I bought my 11 Strom new (52,000 miles) and my 14 FJR new (42,000 miles) and I have no need at this time for another or I would buy the dang thing. I think I will buy used next time.

Mabe I just startle folks with my comments about any V Strom with regular oil changes & good riding habits not needing much maintainance beyond tires...chain/sprkts & a good set of Iridium spk plugs + a clean air filter

Or mabe theres just too many lo mile bikes out there for sale at fire sale prices due to folks financial/work status changes

If I had the cash I would get it now. But my extra cash is in two wheel form atm.. [emoji30] lol
I am waiting on one guy that was interested before I post it up.

Sure, Rod. Let’s trade. You hold the drz til it sells! [emoji23][emoji23]

Lol! That was some clever word play.
Didn’t see the edit.

I took my identical ‘12 Strom out this evenin. What a pleasant & decent bike. It really seems some new rider would wanna buy this, as either primary or back up bike. They handle great, run good & get great gas mileage.

Pleasant?......& decent??
Im definately NOT a first time rider.....& I can say....the 650 Stroms can be plenty of fun
....on the right roads

.....&.....theyre not much behind the 1000s when youre .....riding spiritedly

First timers can just dial it back a bit for their adventures

I vouch for the Strom as well! Man it seems to be a lot of V-STROM owners in here. I wouldn't mind seeing an exact count....

Back