• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD: Generic Handlebar Mitts ( Hippo Hands ) NEW

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
SOLD...thanx Doug!

This is a pair of "no name" handle bar mitts for cold weather riding. Commonly referred to by a brand name... Hippo Hands
These are water resistant foam lined with outer stiffner side panels.
They go on easily with velcro but you need to make sure your bike will accept them.

I installed the left mitt on my Husky TR650 without problem...only removing the mirror (which could be reinstalled easily by cutting a small hole in the mitt. Bark Busters are ok...but no room for plastic wind covers under them. The left switch assy on this TR650 is centered 6" from outer edge of Bark Buster & buttons are easily accessable inside the mitt.

I next installed the left mitt on my DL650 with the same type of fit limits around Bark Busters...& the mirror. But the switch housing is centered almost 8" from outer edge which is at the very limit for easy access to switch buttons.

Check your bike for these fit limitations before purchase $20 & NEW..unused
e817cfafcc42ef066f0ece4e26acc2e7.jpg

702b4d63bd3b73be222ee1de63e1d168.jpg

92c305efac9cd0db259fe8bdc431560b.jpg

a034022cc0e7357fa23b3167837ad272.jpg

af95159376a7981ac40ab19bb0994801.jpg

aefaa6317194e6be0843bf530413dc37.jpg

2f307a392935c5047f82d6846c8b04c0.jpg

Last edited:
They will fit in a med flat rate box Doug
But its almost $15 to Nemo
The largest Flat Rate envelope is slightly too small
A small square box works best ( under 12")

Last edited:
Dang it Doug. You don't even ride when it's cold!

The other day when we did the Slacker ride to Graford, my little hands were freezing. Of course it was supposed to be warm, but I sure could have used these then..

I'd be interested in knowing more about these. Regular Hippo hands are more expensive than a nice set of electric gloves, so if there's a less expensive option to try....

Bikemaster sells some on Amazon. :shrug:Oxford sells similar on twisted throttle.
But if you search ‘hippo hands’ at amazon a bunch of different styles pop up.

Last edited:
Dang Mary, maybe I need to scour your old stuff to see if I want any of it before I have to get it from Rod.

I didn't say I wanted to ride in the cold, but that last slacker ride was tough on my little "hands-es".

I hate you. So, let's see, I could buy the FZ1 off of you, take those off and sell it back to you without them. That could work. :D

Plus there is not a greater pleasure than getting one over on Jasen. Nice to be retired so I can camp out and buy the good stuff. Maybe I will make him a deal on the "FAUX Hippo Hands" and say, a DR-Z70.....

You still need to keep two 70's and set up a track around the lift for when people come over. Oh, and a well stocked first aid kit.

I converted my current 70 back to a kids bike so I can hopefully sell it.

Back