• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ft Walton Beach BMWMOA Getaway on Emerald Isle

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Wild hair got to Mike Valentin (Mvalspeed) and I and we decided to make a run to Florida and hit the first BMW MOA event of their 50th Anniversary year. (it's our 50th too at bmwdfw.org... blatant advertising in one of the people shots).
Weather was iffy. We left behind a storm front that put DFW into the mid 40's, but by the time we pushed thru Kaufman we hit the back of the "front" and it was in the 70's thru Nacogdoches and on to Natchez MS. The cold front caught us overnight in Natchez and it was 40 when we left. But, again, we ran into the 70's in Alabama and it stayed there to Florida.
Saturday was beautiful and we played tourist all around/between Pensacola and Destin and visited a few of the sites. We ate a seafood lunch at the water and while sipping on a spicy Bloody Mary, played on the beach some and waded in the clear blue water. (not ugly brown like the Texas Gulf is in Galveston!)
Fri/Sat dinners were catered at the hotel by the MOA and our room was right on the pool. The water wasn't as cool as I thought it would be and I waded around some while enjoying the sun.
Headed home Sunday and stopped in Vicksburg MS to visit a National Battlefield and the USS Cairo Ironclad. Another storm front was brewing and we decided to push on the Monroe LA for the night. Dumb-luck choice as the storms blew thru during the night and we again had sunny skies and warm temps for the run home to DFW.
And! We beat out the next freezing rain front!
Great trip for a February.

Stephen

FL 4.jpg

FL 5.jpg

FL 8.jpg

FL 3.jpg

FL 1.jpg

FL 10.jpg

FL 13.jpg

FL 14.jpg

FL 22.jpg

FL 20.jpg

FL Getaway 2022.jpg

FL 30.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a fun trip.

Is that panoramic mirror on the windscreen? I think that's the first time I've seen one. Looks very convenient.
It is. It's on Mike's bike and he loves it. I don't have one, just watched him use his. The Jury is still out for me.

SS

Back