• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fuel for you KTM haters.

Megs took the 250 RX as a back up to her old 300. I was there at Traction E-rag HQ when she was in town...and we were riding 2022 250 RX for the week. Those things have some go...
Plenty of bike for woods.

It will be interesting how #megs_braap like the Honda crf250rx….. looks like she has quite the following. I am not on Instagram so keep us updated😲

It will be interesting how #megs_braap like the Honda crf250rx….. looks like she has quite the following. I am not on Instagram so keep us updated😲
I doubt she’ll end up on a Honda, she’s a 2stroke gal.
I know GPX has reached out to her to see if she’s interested on getting on one of those. Beta or Sherco should take the opportunity to make her a really good deal on a bike

I doubt she’ll end up on a Honda, she’s a 2stroke gal.
I know GPX has reached out to her to see if she’s interested on getting on one of those. Beta or Sherco should take the opportunity to make her a really good deal on a bike
Agreed. I'd bet good money that she will be on either a Beta or Sherco in the next few months. Those two manufacturers would jump at the opportunity to snag her and her following.

Agreed. I'd bet good money that she will be on either a Beta or Sherco in the next few months. Those two manufacturers would jump at the opportunity to snag her and her following.
I don't think there's any doubt her style and type of riding will see her on somebody's 2 stroke.

My 450rr is 11 years old and this summer seems to feel better every time I get on some good dirt trails with it . Cool temps have set in for the long term now , pretty sure it’s going to get a few miles in the next few weeks . This year is the most comfortable I’ve been on it in several years . I’m doing stupid stuff again . Cow trails look out .

My 450rr is 11 years old and this summer seems to feel better every time I get on some good dirt trails with it . Cool temps have set in for the long term now , pretty sure it’s going to get a few miles in the next few weeks . This year is the most comfortable I’ve been on it in several years . I’m doing stupid stuff again . Cow trails look out .
Ain't heard "cow trails" in a long long time. I'll bet there are some here who have never ridden them. :thumb:

One gulch I ride through had some heavy rains a few weeks ago and washed out the only good line up the south bank , now it’s all rock with a couple ledges that are several feet high . It was a nasty climb before with a couple line shifts thrown in for fun . The shallow gulch down stream was only 20 feet deep but really steep on the down side and the only way to ride it was to slide down the bank , turn upstream for 30 feet where it opened up enough to bounce the front wheel off the bank then come back down stream and follow an off camber cow trail up the south bank . This year the cows found a better route and that rain took a couple feet from the bottom down river . I got through it a couple times but it wasn’t pretty before the rain wiped it out and the other deep one is the only choice now . I had to go through it marking the bicycle race course so I went down to the bottom and studied all the options then took the cow trail out and had to make a new path to tie back into the main trail . And it was a lot easier the second time when I went through it yesterday . Those bicycle riders have to carry their bicycles through the nasty gulch . That’s still easier than the reroute to the deep gulch that adds over a mile to the trail . The bottom of the shallow one was 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep , now it’s 4 feet deep . I thought about dragging some timbers down there and building a bridge but it’s not an easy task to get there . Easy on a bike but dragging 12 foot timbers would be challenging and after looking at the last high water damage they might not stay there very long .

Each to their own I guess. I bought my 2000 520SX new 22 years ago, raced some amateur nationals on it, and still ride it to this day. Did the valves a couple of years ago, and rebuilt the carb last year. Still a beast at 55 hp. All my KTM's have been good bikes. Hopefully my 890 Adv R treats me just as good.

Each to their own I guess. I bought my 2000 520SX new 22 years ago, raced some amateur nationals on it, and still ride it to this day. Did the valves a couple of years ago, and rebuilt the carb last year. Still a beast at 55 hp. All my KTM's have been good bikes. Hopefully my 890 Adv R treats me just as good.
That's awesome to hear! I hope she keeps running and keeps you on the trials for a long time to come still.

CDDCFCEA-7D4D-4B7E-8112-5EBCD2BD62A5.jpeg

My 950 is still the best go anywhere bike I ever owned , but its simple . the smarter you try to make it the dumber it’s going to prove you to be . Works great until it doesn’t then good luck finding that bug .

One has been setting in my shop for 10 years now , kinda wish the owner would figure out what he’s going to do with it so I can get it out of my way . I had a 07 450 and it was no slouch but the Beta has such better manners the KTM got ignored until it went away .

The new 2023 fuel Injected KTM 2T
A6E0A2AC-F224-4214-92FA-51B56FD1F4CE.jpeg
motocross bikes are starting to arrive at dealer. (and e-start)

From Meg Griffin
Hello my friends! I’m sorry that I’ve been so quiet in regards to the bike problems I’ve been having. I’ve been missing posting and interacting with everyone! There were some politics involved and I had to deal with them in private. I wanted to make sure everything went smoothly before letting you guys know what was going on.

We put over 50 hours into working on that bike. We found and solved some problems, but new ones arose. While this was going on, Husky contacted us and told us they were going to refund me for the bike.

As you can see in the image, I have a new one now. You might be thinking I’ve got mush for brains to have bought another one of these TPI bikes. But I thought it through, and it was the best option for me at this time.

I’ve chosen to purchase another TE because:

1) I needed a bike that my suspension would swap directly onto. A new suspension build is not an option for me at this time.

2) I have a trailer full of spare parts for husky/ktm

3) My spare bike is a TE (interchangeable parts)

4) Changing platforms involves a lot of time, effort, and money, and needs to be done when I’m ready.

Update from Meg
1-Husky bought the bike back.
2-She bought another HUSQVARNA!
3-because of suspension and all her spares.

Be interesting on how this works out.

Smart move , I have run across machines that had issues in my life but after a little re-engineering and getting the factory installed bugs out have been the best machine ever . When you understand what your working with you’ve won half the battle . And anytime the factory will work with you rather than against you it’s a win .

Back