• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fuel issues need help!

Reaction score
Long story short, haven’t ridden in almost 14 months, bike has been garaged, start up maintenance as follows, replaced fork seals(leaking) refilled with fresh oil. Re greased front axle while apart, battery was dead which I replaced, fuel in tank was trash, drained, cleaned, refilled with fresh gas, fuel pump was bad replaced, cleaned tank while out. Bike would crank but not run unless given alittle throttle but ran like poo. Pulled plugs , all fouled, replaced with ngk cr7e. Bike starts, idles, however when riding it dogs itself down like I’m in a too high of gear and sounds like a 4 stroke. At idle in neutral bike will rev and sound normal but in any gear sounds like it’s starving, bike does have a PC3 so I’m thinking of unplugging and return to stock to see if it helps, if not then thinking injectors are clogged or have a bad one , but think if one was bad it wouldn’t even idle, thinking of running a can of sea foam and see if it gets better if not then pull throttle body and clean injectors. What are y’alls thoughts. Bike is a K7 1250S with 28k miles

Number 3 injector is clogged, think I found my culprit, going to clean all 4 for good measure
371E5884-0534-44C7-AC27-A6D96AA0BFBC_zpsiyohlspk.jpg

Not to dis-respect the original poster....Glad you got it running.
This (and other) issues are completely preventable with just a little preemptive Maintence.
Simply pouring some fuel Stabilizer, I just use Stabil, it’s available everywhere and just plain works for all types of engines.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/sta-bil-fuel-stabilizer/

I typically put premium, non- ethanol gas in with Stabil before storing and make sure to ride/run the motor enough to clear the jets/injectors.

I do buy regular gas for everything except 2 cycle Motors (non-ethanol). Gas these days does not keep like it used to. When filling the lawn implement gas cans, two cycle mixed gas or straight, I put Stabil right in the can. All my “stuff” starts right up and just runs.
This and simply plugging the Motorcycles into the Battery tender every couple weeks makes for a trouble free Spring start up.
Spend 10 minutes now or hours later.....
Cheers!

Not to dis-respect the original poster....Glad you got it running.
This (and other) issues are completely preventable with just a little preemptive Maintence.
Simply pouring some fuel Stabilizer, I just use Stabil, it’s available everywhere and just plain works for all types of engines.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/sta-bil-fuel-stabilizer/

I typically put premium, non- ethanol gas in with Stabil before storing and make sure to ride/run the motor enough to clear the jets/injectors.

I do buy regular gas for everything except 2 cycle Motors (non-ethanol). Gas these days does not keep like it used to. When filling the lawn implement gas cans, two cycle mixed gas or straight, I put Stabil right in the can. All my “stuff” starts right up and just runs.
This and simply plugging the Motorcycles into the Battery tender every couple weeks makes for a trouble free Spring start up.
Spend 10 minutes now or hours later.....
Cheers!
I had put sta-bil in it but it sat to long, it was totally my fault for being lazy and not keeping with the upkeep. Hard to find non-ethanol gas in SoCal and if you do it’s $5 a gal . It’s sucks here, back home I can get non-ethanol non highway gas for 1.85

I hear ya. Life gets in the way, next thing you know another year flies by.
Come to think of it I need to drain old gas out of the Norton......

To add a couple points to this.... Adding Stabil to stale Gas does not "make it good again" as I have had to remind a couple folks.
Also read the label for ratios. Stabil recommends higher amounts for longer storage periods.
They also make a concentrated, blue colored, Marine type I use in anything two cycle. Chain saws, Boat, trimmers, blowers, even the Kawi H-1.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/sta-bil-360-marine/

I am NOT a snake oil additive user. With my "cylinder Index" being quite high I must keep fueling issues to a minimum. This stuff just plain works!

Back