• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fun run-Rusk to Beans & beyond?

BADTEX

Reaction score
First Name
STEVEN
Ok guys and girls :eek2: I've been watching the weather (cold or rainy) too see when the soonest weekend I/we could do this and I think it will be next weekend. (4-12, 4-13) Looks to be clear.

I plain (all plain subject to change depending on others) on riding to Rusk KOA Fri, 4-11, after work and maybe getting a cabin. Leaving out AROUND 8 am Sat morn. Riding to Beans (in what even mode necessary) and maybe getting a room at the marina. (dont want to haul the tent and stuff). Maybe getting up on Sun morn and riding a little of the route to Livingston or back tracking to Rusk... I'm open for what ever. (Just have to get back Sun night to go to work Mon morn :doh:)

So........... any takers?:trust:

Just checked KOA's web site...... $60 for a 4 person cabin, no t to bad. Holly lake marina is $74 and up. :eek2:

Linens are $5 at the KOA. I can't remember if that's per person or per room.

What are your plans? I'm planing on "tenting it" if I'm the only one going or if I dont have anyone to split the room cost with, at KOA or the marina.
I have to work till 6:00 on fri. so I'll be geting in to KOA 6:45 to 7:30.
Plans for Sat. is to ride and have fun, slow and take photos or fast, realy not a big deal to me.
We can turn around and go home Sat afternoon or stay for sunday and ride some more, back track to Rusk or on to Livingston way. BUT closer we get to the weekend the more they move the rain chances up. As of now they say sunday afternoon... 5 ish?
Anyway we'll have a great day Sat.

I was planning on driving to Rusk after work Friday. I live in Houston so it will probably take about 3 hours.
I have a van and will sleep in the back of the van.
Ride Saturday and Sunday if you like.
I plan on tenting if we stay Saturday night away from Rusk or sleep in the van Saturday night. Or head home what ever you like and the weather dictates.
Fast is great and I love to stop and take pictures, read historical markers etc. You can call me anytime, 713-906-9887. We rode together two years ago on the ET500 and last year on the roll the bones. I am looking forward to this.
thanks
DannyBoy

Back