• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

future of pie runs.

Hopefully the restaurants on the schedule will still be open then. I have heard talk about many restaurants could be closing forever due to the shutdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard talk about many restaurants could be closing forever due to the shutdown.

Those in the know believe choices will never come back to where they were.

I've only ever made a few pies, after I knew I needed to try mom's lemon meringue while she was still here and could coach me.
Gotta find the pic of us standing with a slice of it on a plate, it's too funny.
I never got crust right, but the rest I nailed.
So make pies and see what happens?

We might not make the best pies we ever had, but after this, they might just be the best pies we ever had.

I'm thinkin pie runs will become like geoching adventures to keep social distancing requirements. I have found out the last couple weeks that just because the drive through is open, does not mean they will serve you on a motorcycle. I am waiting for reponses to emails to few restaurants.

I have found out the last couple weeks that just because the drive through is open, does not mean they will serve you on a motorcycle. I am waiting for reponses to emails to few restaurants.

Ridiculous. You'd think as bad as things are they'd serve anyone even driving up in a donkey cart.
Try that if they refuse you on the bike.

What's funny is that is a real possibility. I have livestock and know where I can borrow a cart.

:lol2:
Decades ago when I was touring, the ONLY place to get any food at 1am south of Birmingham after the truck was loaded was a Taco Smell.
We walked up, and they refused to serve us. I pointed to the truck in the parking lot and said we can't drive up and nothing else is open.
They still said no. So I got in the truck, pulled close to the order board and laid on the air horn. I AM PLACING AN ORDER OR THE SIGN IS TOAST!
The manager bolted out the side door yelling OK OK we'll serve you!!
Good choice. Never underestimate starving roadies.

:lol2:
Decades ago when I was touring, the ONLY place to get any food at 1am south of Birmingham after the truck was loaded was a Taco Smell.
We walked up, and they refused to serve us. I pointed to the truck in the parking lot and said we can't drive up and nothing else is open.
They still said no. So I got in the truck, pulled close to the order board and laid on the air horn. I AM PLACING AN ORDER OR THE SIGN IS TOAST!
The manager bolted out the side door yelling OK OK we'll serve you!!
Good choice. Never underestimate starving roadies.
east bound and down, loaded up and truckin, he's going to get some tacos or else!!

I'm thinkin pie runs will become like geoching adventures to keep social distancing requirements. I have found out the last couple weeks that just because the drive through is open, does not mean they will serve you on a motorcycle. I am waiting for reponses to emails to few restaurants.
I live in a retirement community, and our local Burger King has a sign at the ordering speaker for "Golf Carts - drive up to the window", so they do make exceptions to "regular vehicles".

I live in a retirement community, and our local Burger King has a sign at the ordering speaker for "Golf Carts - drive up to the window", so they do make exceptions to "regular vehicles".

I wonder why they can’t take your order at the intercom when you’re in a golf cart? [emoji848] Are some of your neighbors running straight pipes on their gasoline powered carts? [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wonder why they can’t rake your order at the intercom when you’re in a golf cart? [emoji848] Are some of your neighbors running straight pipes on their gasoline powered carts? [emoji2957]
I'm guessing that the drive-thru uses a pressure sensor in the pavement to detect a vehicle is there, and the golf cart may not weigh enough to trigger it.

I'm guessing that the drive-thru uses a pressure sensor in the pavement to detect a vehicle is there, and the golf cart may not weigh enough to trigger it.
Jesus man!! your supposed to be retired, than means sleeping till 10am not 5!!

It was 3 am my time. I don't sleep as well as I did when I was "working", but I'm still up at 5-6 am six days a week to get over to the remodel house.

If restaurants open to half capacity they can't survive long either. This social distancing thing is a joke. Pretty sure I already had the virus and got over it in early January, info points that it's been in our country since at least October. There's no vaccine so accepted theory is most if not all will get it eventually. Herd immunity (like Sweden did). Enough of my soap box.

I guess when things get back to where we can do pie runs there will be some changes. If I sell both my bikes and get a Tiger 800 then I can hopefully travel farther for pie runs than I'm willing to do on the Suzuki.

Is there such a thing? I always thought it is an inductive loop (like traffic signals) and people mistaken them for weight sensors.

I have found out the last couple weeks that just because the drive through is open, does not mean they will serve you on a motorcycle. I am waiting for reponses to emails to few restaurants.
Thats interesting and not doubting your experience . I have used the drive thru at whataburger on my motorcycle early in the morning before the lobby was opened.

Back